225gr Hornady BTHP match for hunting?

Beluebow

My buddy shoots these out of his 300win (very accurate in his rifle) and is thinking about hunting with them for wt deer and hogs.First words out of my mouth is I wouldnt,,,then I kinda do a little looking and it appears to have the same jacket as the Amax minus the polymer tip.I know alot of people like the Amax on medium size game (prefer bergers myself).Is the polymer tip the deal maker/breaker on the difference of the two?Thoughts? Experience on game?

My buddy shoots these out of his 300win (very accurate in his rifle) and is thinking about hunting with them for wt deer and hogs.First words out of my mouth is I wouldnt,,,then I kinda do a little looking and it appears to have the same jacket as the Amax minus the polymer tip.I know alot of people like the Amax on medium size game (prefer bergers myself).Is the polymer tip the deal maker/breaker on the difference of the two?Thoughts? Experience on game?

Try it on the hogs before the deer and let us know. That's a lot of led so there is a good chance it will do good. I'm like you I agree there are better choices but it may be a hammer on them.

tagging thread for info....

I'm playing with this pill in my 300 rum. I'm thinking of coring a bouncy deer with one this fall if I get a tag. I'd like to know how this turns out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.