.224 Valkyrie?

I have whacked quite a few whitetail deer with a 22 caliber--fast 22s like a 22-250,22 creedmoor or 22-6mm work wonders on our Texas deer. I have been shooting my 22 creedmoor and hammered a axis doe about 2 weeks ago after snowmeggdon down here, 88 ELD hammered her at 200 yards. I like larger calibers but it works. I shave shot them with 222,223, and smaller stuff like 22 hornet--but really heavy bullet,fast stepping 22 caliber are where a deer rife should start--at least down here.
The .25-06 is lethal, too.

Has anyone tried the 224 Valkyrie? What are your thoughts?
I'm expecting it wont live up to the hype of running with the Creed, but still a longer range .22 in an AR seems interesting.
I have one...pretty thoroughly unimpressed. Every rifle is rifle is different of course, but reloading my own and I have to choose between a fairly accurate load that's ridiculously slow, or a fast load that's not acceptable (over MOA) to me. I've tried everything from 55gr on up to 90gr pills with several different powders and all were "meh". Need more CFE223 as there may be a glimmer of hope there with RDF rounds, but powder shortage and all has relegated this rifle to "plinker" status. Way better options out there IMO.

I have one...pretty thoroughly unimpressed. Every rifle is rifle is different of course, but reloading my own and I have to choose between a fairly accurate load that's ridiculously slow, or a fast load that's not acceptable (over MOA) to me. I've tried everything from 55gr on up to 90gr pills with several different powders and all were "meh". Need more CFE223 as there may be a glimmer of hope there with RDF rounds, but powder shortage and all has relegated this rifle to "plinker" status. Way better options out there IMO.
The only Bullet that the CFE shot well was the 80gr Nosler Custom Competition which gave me a .462 5 shot group, including flyer. I have multiple heavies (90gr SMK, 95gr SMK, 85gr RDF & 85.5 Bergers) that 2000-MR pusses much better, the faster, the better. I have some loaded to .4- .7gr over Sierra High pressure. Will be keeping a eye on primers and pockets, but all things point to some Stellar groups coming.

I just thought I would add a few pictures of the Ol' Girl

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
I got a White Oak upper with the 24" Douglas barrel 6.5 twist. I could not get it to shoot the heavy 90-95gr SMK bullets. But the Berger 85.5 Hybrid shoot great and also Hornady 88gr ELM.

I got a White Oak upper with the 24" Douglas barrel 6.5 twist. I could not get it to shoot the heavy 90-95gr SMK bullets. But the Berger 85.5 Hybrid shoot great and also Hornady 88gr ELM.
I am working on the 90's & 95's. I have to check my head space. I know they like approx .020 jump. I have gotten approx 1" groups with mine if I use Powder Pro 2000-MR. CFE223 is a no go for the heavies. Works great with the 80gr Nos Custom Comps