.224 Valkyrie?

I have one but have not shot anything with it. I would think you could apply any thoughts toward it you would toward a 22-250. The only real difference is that most Valkyries are designed around heavy for caliber bullets. Good for longer range maybe but not so good for fur.

I have been using one for past two years. Savage MSR-15 with 18" bbl. This rifle shoots very well with several types of ammo. As far as performance on coyotes, let me tell you. I have shot over 40 coyotes with at least 8 different bullets. I am not going to mention all the bullets that I didn't like because some of them are very good bullets, I just had poor performance on coyotes. I settled on the old fashion Sierra 55gn spitzer #1360 going out at 3350fps. I have shot coyotes from 100-350 yds with this bullet and it just works! I truly believe it gives you the best expansion and penetration needed for coyotes. If you only shoot factory ammo, go with the 60gn nosler ballistic tip it worked very well for me also. Stay away from vmax you won't get the penetration needed in the Valkyrie. With this all said, I have a 6DTI ordered for coyote hunting because I believe the Valkyrie isn't enough for our big Eastern coyotes .

I have been wishing there were some factory bolt guns for this cartridge as an alternative to 223. Designed for longer ranges!

I have a 1-7 22 inch piston Val. I'm a firm believer in figuring out one bullet and powder. So I bought a few 1000 80gr A-Maxs. .473 BC and acceptable speed. 90 gr were to slow, but anyway the longest lasered dog take was 423 yards.

Very little pelt damage from 50 - 423 yards

The Valki appears to be a flash in the pan.
No reason for it except in ARs and dragging a 10 pound all up AR to hunt Yotes a'int fun.
If you can call, a 223 is all you need and building a 6 pound 223 AR is easy.

The Valki appears to be a flash in the pan.
No reason for it except in ARs and dragging a 10 pound all up AR to hunt Yotes a'int fun.
If you can call, a 223 is all you need and building a 6 pound 223 AR is easy.
I'm not arguing with you necessarily but if you left your 6lb .223 and took my (probably 8lb) 6mm arc with a 22" barrel launching 108gr bullets at 2700+, you'd kill more coyotes, and that 2lbs wouldn't bother you. If for no other reason than how flat it shoots and how well it slides through wind. I'm down on a 223 for these big calf eating eastern farm coyotes I'm currently hunting. I put blood in the snow twice last weekend with 64gr .223 bullets, but never recovered the animals. Definitely more fur friendly, but significantly less lethal.