20200827_230812.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
  • 20200827_230808.jpg
    20200827_230808.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
  • 20200827_230755.jpg
    20200827_230755.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 244
Gas key has a fair stake job and looks like it hasn't moved. Next guess would be the gas block moved. I use lots of aerosol electrical parts cleaner, available at auto parts stores. Quick squirt through the gas tube will show plugged or clear.
You are on the right track. Keep on keeping on.

Have you cleaned and oiled it and tried again?

An adjustable gas block will only take gas away- to me it sounds like its not lubed enough or it has too little gas.

What buffer are you using? If you want to try lighter (or similar to more gas pressure results) you can take a weight out of the buffer and replace it with a plastic/delin spacer or try no weights at all - just for testing purposes. KAK sells an adjustable weight kit if you end up playing with buffer weights but to me it sounds like a cleaning/oiling issue.

Wondering about the JP silent capture buffer system. AR's are notoriously overgassed. Higher pressure 224V then add in the wrong model buffer system and you may have damaged the buffer system and bolt gas rings. Which model did you install?

If you still think the buffer is too heavy, load one round in the mag. Load and fire. See if the bolt locks back on the empty mag. If it doesn't the buffer system is holding the bolt from moving far enough back. Not a perfect test but good for troubleshooting.

Buffer and gas system are fine tuned using the brass ejection pattern.

And definitely do a detail strip and deep clean to inspect. You are already in the process of that. Good luck. I pm'd you. Feel free to contact me and we will see if we can get you up and running. RevP

I'm using the jp silent gen 2....when i get back into town ....going to add the new adjustable gas block...then try both types of ammo ( hornady and the Sierra match) and see if they react the same

The val is lower pressure than 300bo and 5.56 by about 10k. I have a6.8spc that's about the same max pressure as the val. If your gb is aligned properly and have an agb it should help. Put 3 to 5 rounds in the mag. Fire 1 shot and check for possible issues. Did it short stroke, stove pipe, double feed and or fte? Is the ammo American, foreign (not sure if any country produces any), reman or reloads?

When you removed the gb where was the sign of gas hitting? Was it hitting fairly square to the hole on the gb? Make sure the block and tube are clear. If the tube is cocked enough it can bind the key causing drag.

Recent Posts