.224 Speer bullets

dale1386

Anyone know of a place that has the 70 grain Speer bullets in stock? Going to load up some hog hunting rounds and seems Speer 70 gr. or Sierra 60 gr. Gameking should get the job done any other bullet suggestions welcome for .223.

60 grain partitions are great bullets
Yes I like Nosler Partition but pricey..... I'm not a cheap skate but Sierra Game King and Speer 70 grain gets great reviews and you get twice as many for half the price that's hard to ignore. Partition is a great bullet I've got some loaded up in 270 WSM.

He did say Game King. That is not a varmint bullet.
I've been loading them in my 223's for about 25 years, great small game bullets , bobcats, coyotes , javelina and such but the partition and tsx are better suited for hogs, deer and such.

I have used the 65 sgk on deer and they work great!
Hogs built a lot tougher.....I'll be hunting over bay dogs so I'll be trying for a head shot I'll be hitting where ever if it breaks and runs so I'm looking for bullets that gives me a good chance of a kill on a body shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.