223Rem ready to shoot across New Jersey

223Rem

Although my state does not offer any LRH, my practive facilities of 600 yards and the information I hope to obtain here will give me the confidence in making those long shot when the opportunity presents itself.

Although my state does not offer any LRH, my practive facilities of 600 yards and the information I hope to obtain here will give me the confidence in making those long shot when the opportunity presents itself.

Even though you may not have that much opportunity to make long range hunting shots
long range practice can improve you short to medium range hunting.

At the long ranges you have to do everything right of the outcome will not be good so the
longer the range the more benefit to ones shooting.

When I practice archery I always shoot the longest distance to to show any equiptment problems or shooter error.

J E CUSTOM

Howdy, hope you enjoy.
what kind of rifle is your 223?

Most of my 223's are AR15s with one custom Savage bolt gun.

The LRH rig is another savage base rifle:

7mm WSM mounted on a SS LA receiver with SSS trigger set at 1.5 lbs, set up as a repeater.
26" SS Broughton 1-8 twist, long throated for VLDs with aluminum tension sleeve, barrel is extremely light but has varmint contour.
Manners T2 Stock
Leupold VX-III LR 6.5-20x50 with mildot reticle

Pushing 180 grain VLDS @ 3000 FPS easily and getting consistent .5 moa (5 shots).

NNNNIIIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!
Im sure your gonna love LRH.
I dont have any custom stuff yet, just trying to max out the performance of my factory rifles untill I can afford a L/R rig. The guys on this site are very knowledgable, and very helpfull. Hope you enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.