223AI neck sizing

Always a bit dubious about the "one-size fits all" concept, especially where reloading is concerned. If it doesn't use bushings of some sort, how do you account for the difference in case neck thickness from one caliber to another (and no, they ain't the same by any means!)? I'll go +1 with Stormrider on the Redding Type-S dies, probably a bit pricier to begin with, but you truly do get what you pay for. Money well spent, and you won't regret it down the road.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

cannot say for the dies you talked about.but read that someone was useing a Lee collet die in the standard case size.say 223rem with a 223 ackley.and that I have been wanting to try this wth my 300 aclkley useing a 300 weatherby collet die.

I just started loading for my new 223 AI and have been only full length sizing. I would like to neck size and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the hornady generic neck dies? seemed interesting for loading a couple different cases. Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension Neck Sizer Die 22 Caliber - MidwayUSA

I would recomend a dedicated die for neck sizing because it will hold the case concentric
during neck sizing in order to prevent run out (The way to measure this is with a case
concentricity gauge).

I have not used the Hornady for the same reason as some others have posted and
use the Redding dies on my 223 AI.

Just a recommendation

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.