223 Wylde chamber issue?

Glenn Tullius

I have a AR barreled with the 223 Wylde chamber. I am resizing full length. Military brass with my RCBS 223 Remington dies. The brass is trimmed to length, and with a 55 grain fmj, the book says COAL is 2.20" . So why won't this load go all the way into the chamber of the Wylde, but work perfect in another gun with a 5.56 chamber? I thought is was supposed to be a compromise and work in both? The die is set to just "cam over" on my RCBS press.

I have a AR barreled with the 223 Wylde chamber. I am resizing full length. Military brass with my RCBS 223 Remington dies. The brass is trimmed to length, and with a 55 grain fmj, the book says COAL is 2.20" . So why won't this load go all the way into the chamber of the Wylde, but work perfect in another gun with a 5.56 chamber? I thought is was supposed to be a compromise and work in both? The die is set to just "cam over" on my RCBS press.
I have a RRA Wylde and load Lapua Brass 65 gr SGK OAL 2.26" and trim 1.75". I also have Green Tips OAL 2.25" and trim 1.76".
Your case is either oversized , which doesn't make sense since the cartridges fit in other .223 chambers.
Did you try factory loads?? You say your reloads do not fit. Has to be the chamber in you rifle if factory cartridges don't also fit and if the factory cartridges do fit and your reloads don't then the problem may with your reloads.

Sounds like some dimension is just a tad out of spec. You would have to do some measurements on the resized brass that doesn't fit and a piece of fired brass. I didn't catch if the resized brass chambers okay?

Sounds like some dimension is just a tad out of spec. You would have to do some measurements on the resized brass that doesn't fit and a piece of fired brass. I didn't catch if the resized brass chambers okay?
Resized Starline works fine, resized military does not at all, stops 1/8" short. Trim 1.75", col 2.20. Sizing die is RCBS 223 Remington set to just cam over on my rock chucker.

If those were shot out of an excessive chamber your not able to size down far enough. Could try a small base die.