.223 trainer load

BASE424

Working up a load on my .223 bolt trainer/practice rig. 20" barrel, 69 gr. MatchBurners, 1:9, with 8202-XBR and I'm cruising through the max load with lower speeds due to the barrel length. Anybody have a similar rig that can tell me where they ran into pressure? Thanks

Working up a load on my .223 bolt trainer/practice rig. 20" barrel, 69 gr. MatchBurners, 1:9, with 8202-XBR and I'm cruising through the max load with lower speeds due to the barrel length. Anybody have a similar rig that can tell me where they ran into pressure? Thanks

Too many variables to make a comparison. Throats, chambers, bore, rifling, powder and bullet lots, etc, etc all can change your pressure points. Best is to keep experimenting with your rifle and load and find whats best for it.

I have several rifles in the same caliber/cartridge, and they all reach their pressure points differently.

Too many variables to make a comparison. Throats, chambers, bore, rifling, powder and bullet lots, etc, etc all can change your pressure points. Best is to keep experimenting with your rifle and load and find whats best for it.

I have several rifles in the same caliber/cartridge, and they all reach their pressure points differently.
Where is So Colorado are you? Pagosa Springs area?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.