.223 Barnes 70gr TSX BT

Yes but shipping nearly doubles the price. I may use Barnes 62gr TSX .
I use the 62 TSX in a 16" AR with a suppressor and it kills everything....hogs, deer, coyotes, bobcat, nutria, beaver...just to name a few. I've never recovered a bullet but I've also never had to blood trail an animal shot with it. DRT eveytime so far. Killed close to 200 critters with this set up.

I have used the 62 TTSX in the same 16" I used to shoot 3 Gun competition. This is the only one I was ever able to recover. Right side through a rib bone, heart and lung, left leg and scapula, and bullet was lodged under the hide where the shoulder meets the neck. Range was 135 yds. Doe dropped in her tracks.

Attachments

• tsx.jpg
    tsx.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 166
  • 62tsx.jpg
    62tsx.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 173
  • tsx weight.png
    tsx weight.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 180
I've used the 53 and 62 TSX, but I would be careful in populated areas. Exits are very common.
Personally for your situ, I would use the Sierra 63SMP or 65GK, or something fairly similar like a Nosler.

I have a sizable lot of the 62gr TBBC, and I like their performance in the 223 and 22-250 loads at the shorter ranges, but in years past, I killed quite a few game with the Sierra 63SMP loaded in 222, 223, etc.

Yes but shipping nearly doubles the price. I may use Barnes 62gr TSX .
Go lighter. The 55 grainier will do the trick just fine. You will still get an exit with a traditional lung/heart shot but not risk sending a "large" hunk out the other side into the great beyond. You'll still get an exit to track so keep that in mind for collateral damage consideration. I load the 55's for a buddies daughter and they have no complains and recover deer without issue so far.

Hello, Anyone loading the Barnes .223 TSX BT for White Tail. I plan to load it to max with Hodgon CFE 223 and use my Browning X-Bolt with 1/8 twist . How is the accuracy if you use it? I used 7mm X Bullets 30 years ago and could get any accuracy. I used Federal's .223 Nosler 60gr Partitions last year with worked fine but didn't group well. These are "suburban nuisance" deer and the shots are close-20 to 100 yards tops. Could also use a 7mm-08 with 140gr TSX but in the suburbs would prefer the .223.
The forum may not appreciate, but even though crossbow would cut most100 yard shot significantly, shots from slightly elevated location probably safer in urban areas and less disturbing noise issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.