223 ammo shortage ?

Your information is a little skewed! We pay tax on WORLD INCOME! That means we have to pay both taxes my friend!
And I have great friends in approximately 46 of your great American states and love em all! You'll never hear a complaint from me! But I also have great friends here from the U.S. working here...to take advantage of our health care...let's not make this political....it was just a sad truth about gun control in Canada!

The sad fact is Canada has the English/EU government model. That leads to rule of the majority PERIOD. That's why the Democrats here want to ax the Electoral college. The founding fathers were brilliant but since schools no longer teach real history, we too will have mob rule.

Blame the media for scaring the h--- out of us. It's only going to get worse as we get closer to the election. We have no .45acp around here & 9mm/.223 prices are going up every day.

About 4 weeks ago the sales clerk at one of the local sporting goods stores told me they had sold 70 guns to first time buyers . The COVID-19 and the Black Lives Matter has a lot of people in panic mode . We have seen most of this before in the 60's and early 70's there were race riots that were even more violent then these and just a few years behind us was the Eboli scare , the bird flu and swine flu . COVID-19 has taken a large tole and will take a bigger tole then the others . But all the same people are in panic mode some are afraid that the U.S. Government will go the way of the U.S.S.R. so are out buying up ammo , guns and other things they think may be in short supply latter so are causing it to be in short supply now . Not much fore sight when in panic mode and I hope that people will do some training for the respective fire arms that they buy but I don't figure that will be the case for many of these people. As I look around and see the people around me in a good many cases they don't have the drive to learn about their use and think that to hold a fire arm is enough not to mention those that already know more then every one else and don't want to be bothered with some lower level not as smart as me life form trying to teach them anything . I'll get off my soap box now sorry for the rant .
Like the idiot "black militant" the other day that "accidentally discharged" his rifle into his "friend" at the "protest". Boy, with friends like that you don't need enemies.

Last edited:
It's not just loaded ammo, reloading supplies are hard to find. My nephew contacted me the other day wanting to know if I knew where he could find SR - SP primers. Luckily I have stocked up over time when I saw them on sale or free hazmat, so I gave him some. But $35 a brick if you can find them? Powder seems to be in the same boat.
Same thing happened not long ago with 22 LR ammo. When I was a kid we would walk the road looking for pop bottles and get enough to buy a box of 50. After they came back on the market, those $10 a bricks shot up to $30 - $40.

It's pretty much the same in Oregon. Hard to find anything. With BLM (burn,loot,murder), and antifa trashing Portland every night people are getting nervous. Background checks are way behind and slow. Kinda glad I stocked up when I could. Just wait until November. If things go good for the USA, some of these liberal cities, like Portland, will be a pile of ash. Oh well.

I visited Bass Pro toady - they have large signs out saying they are short of ammo due to manufacturers closed/slowed down due to the Corona-19 virus. The ENITRE handgun ammo aisle had been converted over to display to duck calls so it didn't look so empty (per clerk.) Most Rifle calibers were also gone.

I dont see Ammo availability going up and Ammo prices going down till the virus vaccine is here. No vaccine you will be lucky to have 40 rounds of any caliber per year. 20 rounds to practice with and 20 rounds to use on the looters on. Also if trump looses you will see $1.00 a shell tax on everything. You heard it here first i am afraid. MD

Last edited:
About 4 weeks ago the sales clerk at one of the local sporting goods stores told me they had sold 70 guns to first time buyers . The COVID-19 and the Black Lives Matter has a lot of people in panic mode . We have seen most of this before in the 60's and early 70's there were race riots that were even more violent then these and just a few years behind us was the Eboli scare , the bird flu and swine flu . COVID-19 has taken a large tole and will take a bigger tole then the others . But all the same people are in panic mode some are afraid that the U.S. Government will go the way of the U.S.S.R. so are out buying up ammo , guns and other things they think may be in short supply latter so are causing it to be in short supply now . Not much fore sight when in panic mode and I hope that people will do some training for the respective fire arms that they buy but I don't figure that will be the case for many of these people. As I look around and see the people around me in a good many cases they don't have the drive to learn about their use and think that to hold a fire arm is enough not to mention those that already know more then every one else and don't want to be bothered with some lower level not as smart as me life form trying to teach them anything . I'll get off my soap box now sorry for the rant .

The Antifa off-shoots, or sprouts or whatever they like to be called, are already shooting their own while demon-strutting.

Like Momma always said; "Stupid is as stupid does..."

When Y2K didnt happen I bought a pile of reloading supplies for the 223 (favorite pririe dog round) Last year those supplies where running low so they got replenished!
Some people call it hoarding but to me its just planning ahead. I never let the supplies get low......if supplies are short I either change rounds or cut way back on blasting!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.