223 ammo shortage ?

Remington 243

I have looked at a lot of suppliers today and see that all of them are out of 95% of their 223 ammo supplies.
Anyone know what's up with that ?

It is hard to believe that any group can buy out so many suppliers of ammo. I checked at least 10 of my most common supplies I buy from and I'm not kidding, I see the shelves are bare.

It is hard to believe that any group can buy out so many suppliers of ammo. I checked at least 10 of my most common supplies I buy from and I'm not kidding, I see the shelves are bare.
Remember the panic buying that started just days after Newtown? Nobody could get almost anything for 2 years and the shelves were stripped bare almost before Obummer was even finished threatening sweeping gun bans.

I have't been shooting the AR much, so hadn't noticed. I often buy 5.56 ammo in bulk from Palmetto, and they do have some...at > $0.60/rnd! That at least 2x what I normally pay for it. Like Laguna, I bought several thousand last year. But unlike him, it was just a deal I got, I didn't have a crystal ball moment. Otherwise, I likely would have bought more...:D

Last edited:
About 4 weeks ago the sales clerk at one of the local sporting goods stores told me they had sold 70 guns to first time buyers . The COVID-19 and the Black Lives Matter has a lot of people in panic mode . We have seen most of this before in the 60's and early 70's there were race riots that were even more violent then these and just a few years behind us was the Eboli scare , the bird flu and swine flu . COVID-19 has taken a large tole and will take a bigger tole then the others . But all the same people are in panic mode some are afraid that the U.S. Government will go the way of the U.S.S.R. so are out buying up ammo , guns and other things they think may be in short supply latter so are causing it to be in short supply now . Not much fore sight when in panic mode and I hope that people will do some training for the respective fire arms that they buy but I don't figure that will be the case for many of these people. As I look around and see the people around me in a good many cases they don't have the drive to learn about their use and think that to hold a fire arm is enough not to mention those that already know more then every one else and don't want to be bothered with some lower level not as smart as me life form trying to teach them anything . I'll get off my soap box now sorry for the rant .

It's Covid! North American governments are using the Covid scam to reset our economies and in the process are breaking the middle class. Covid has not come close to killing .0008 percent of the population. H1N1 killed 10%. World didn't shut down. Common cold and Flu....killed 68,000+ people in the first 60 days of 2020....while Covid was less than 7000 same time period....world hasn't shut down for them! Cancer killed 1.17 MILLION...in the same 60 days.World hasn't shut down.......but Covid......with the 100s of thousands of peoples lively hood at risk in the U.S. and Canada....which would you buy.....Bullets or toilet paper! I chose bullets too

9MM is going for 500.00 a thousand now last time I saw a thousand 556 they were selling for 400.00 a thousand that was FMJ a month ago probably doubled by now. I have been stocking up for retirement so I have plenty, I have guys at work begging me to sell them ammo because all the local stores are out nothing but a few shotgun shells.

I reload and have checked around to find that large and small pistol primers are impossible to get now also. Powder may be right behind that. Bullets for reloading also are sold out in most places. My local gun shop owner told me most of the manufacturers struggling to catch up with the demand for primers, powder and bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts