• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 223 ammo at Midway

Do we know that it's Larry that's raising prices? I'm sure everyone's costs in the supply chain have increased.

It's like TV shows... if you don't like it, either change the channel or turn it off. You alone have the power to make the decision.
Don't like the prices? Go elsewhere.
Don't like the high shipping cost? Go elsewhere.
Need it and can't get it anywhere else? Think hard before you spend your money.
I'm still buying from MidwayUSA for pieces and parts I need. But there's a dozen other places I check, too, as most of us on here are doing. If you really feel like MidwayUSA is gouging you, take them off your bookmarked "Favorites" list, and use one of the many other places out there.
And don't forget to post when "stuff" becomes available. We can make the decision whether to buy, or not.

I've supported Midway for a long time due to good inventory and very timely shipping. But...

Its not as simple as some would like to think by claiming "capitalism" and "don't buy it if you don't like the price". These type statements would be appropriate if it weren't for the current controlling majority of our government literally and outwardly trying to place major restrictions on the shooting sports and firearms industry. Gouging customers during the process, IMO, does not support the 2A, nor does it support those of us who want to see it survive as it exists today.

Whatever the condition we find our hobby/sport in once this is over, I will remember the companies who chose to price gouge during the time we worked to defend the very thing they make a lot of money selling.

I have bought from Midway for years, but they have never been my first stop. They are still in my book marks. But rarely used. I haven't purchased ammo or components since this shortage started and will not till it gets somewhat back to normal. I have more than enough to last me a very long while.

Larry??? Is that you?!

Thanks for your business!

No not Larry and affiliation with MidwayUSA.

Not a whiner either complaining about the prices of ammo, milk, gas, etc. Don't like the price, as stated above, don't buy. No need to insult a good business and a true supporter of the 2A and hunting.

Let's be honest about this. Midway USA is one of largest mass-marketers of firearm products and reloading components in the country. There is absolutely no reason to believe that he is now paying more for supplies then his smaller competitors who haven't jacked up the price of components in the midst of a national shortage.

He may support the shooting sports in other ways but Larry is taking full advantage of the circumstances. He's doing so to the disadvantage of the very people who have provided his business with the level of patronage that put him where he is today.

Just calling it as I see it.

ftUl6gk.jpg

Let's be honest about this. Midway USA is one of largest mass-marketers of firearm products and reloading components in the country. There is absolutely no reason to believe that he is now paying more for supplies then his smaller competitors who haven't jacked up the price of components in the midst of a national shortage.

He may support the shooting sports in other ways but Larry is taking full advantage of the circumstances. He's doing so to the disadvantage of the very people who have provided his business with the level of patronage that put him where he is today.

Just calling it as I see it.
This^^^

This is how you hurt the 2A community. If parents can't afford to pay prices to take their kids shooting, you think they are going to show interest in the future and support that right? You think they are going to be able to learn how to shoot a firearm? This is exactly how the rats at the top are going to be able to destroy that right as an American. Price it out to where only the rich can afford to partake.

A supporter in the 2A wouldn't eliminate half the customers from the product...

No not Larry and affiliation with MidwayUSA.

Not a whiner either complaining about the prices of ammo, milk, gas, etc. Don't like the price, as stated above, don't buy. No need to insult a good business and a true supporter of the 2A and hunting.

Maybe not a whiner, but sure can't take a joke, lol

I've literally spent thousands at midway, so don't give me this trash. His shameless gouging of loyal customers is ridiculous. All I'm saying. Don't worry, I don't need to buy from him and won't anymore. Enjoy getting ripped off for the sake supporting midway. ✌️

Do we know that it's Larry that's raising prices? I'm sure everyone's costs in the supply chain have increased.
Yes. Look at Grafs, Midsouth, Pwdr Valley, the list goes on. I started print screening prices over a year ago when I suspected another draught. 30-40% increase since then. I have even called Nosler and Hornady and asked if they have had that much of an increase in their supply chain and both replied with No. So yes, Mr P is gouging us... and we, indirectly, are contributing to his charity orgs.

OK, have you ever passed on a Midway price and bought the item somewhere else for a dollar less, or $5, or even more less? Why did you do that? Because you look out for yourself, not your "friendly" or "favorite" retailer. Do you consistently pay more to buy local instead of ordering online? No? Well, if you don't do those things, STF UP. If you don't like Midway's price, don't pay it. Buy someone else's for less, or do without. We should all have learned by now to buy when prices are low against times when prices are high. This isn't our first rodeo, but you wouldn't know it from this thread.

Midway is a great resource. As is Graf's, Brownells, and a couple hundred other places. And our local gun shops, too. None of those folks created this mess. Remember who did, and remember the jerks who perpetuate it. And don't buy from the latter in the future.