.223 60gr Nosler Partition

NorthernHunter67

Hello,
Does anyone have experience with Federals Premium 223-60gr Nosler Partition for White Tail? I'm shooting suburban deer,primarily does at 30-100yards.

Not federal premium. Used to load for my 223 and put a cut down stock on my 223 for kids to use. It's a partition. Shoot em behind the shoulder and you have a dead deer. For myself I shoot 50 grain v-max in the head or throat path. Out to 300 yards. Never had a deer take a step and never an exit.

the nosler partition will work well for you along with any of the barnes bullets I have been using a 64 hammer hunter in a 223 for culling deer and hog hunting it is awesome at 3040fps

Hello,
Does anyone have experience with Federals Premium 223-60gr Nosler Partition for White Tail? I'm shooting suburban deer,primarily does at 30-100yards.
I have, and I think it's a great combo for does in close. That 60gr partition does a surprising amount of damage so long as the velocity is there. I'm not sure what the threshold is - I'm guessing performance will drop off below 2500fps, but keeping shots inside 200yd with the .223, I have never tested that.

I think I have a couple of boxes left of the old style (pre nickle brass), they do a little over 3000fps from my 22" bbl and group pretty well.

Should work great. I've shot whitetail with 70 gr speer and 65 gr sierra gk hand loads in AR. No further than about 70 yards though. Shot a buck with 65 gr in front chest and buller exited ribs. Was surprised it penetrated that well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.