.223 / 5.56 ammo

jay marian

Hi I have purchased a Gilboa semi auto in .223 Cal. Is it safe to use 5.56 *45 ammo in this rifle ? Also does anyone have a experience with the Gilboa range of rifles ? Thanks

midwesthunter

If its the standard 223 chamber then no you can't use 5.56, if its the wylde chamber you can use 5.56. You can shoot 223 in a 5.56 chamber but not the other way around.

budlight

Hi I have purchased a Gilboa semi auto in .223 Cal. Is it safe to use 5.56 *45 ammo in this rifle ? Also does anyone have a experience with the Gilboa range of rifles ? Thanks

You did not say which length you bought, but they spec using 5.56 on their sight. I personally don't live where I need a high capacity bulky pistol. In a car jacking scenario or security against numbers I can see it. On a swat courses I've shot similar types equipped with Aim point/laser sights. The choice IMO is have only two round types. the 34 grain HP's for urban settings and the ss109 62 grain for harder targets/body armor

click on this link below

APR™

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.