.221 fireball

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Lrreloader, Jun 22, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Lrreloader

Lrreloader Well-Known Member

Thank you! Factory new short action, trued and extractor location switched to solve ejection issues, tubbs quick lock firing pin system, polishes Remington trigger. Custom internal box made, rock creek 1-14 twist, Boyd stock with dragon scale pattern on grips. Sightron 2.5-17.5x56 lighted dot dot with moa hashes. Dnz rings. I'm thinking the grey kryptec pattern for cerakote to blend blued action and stainless barrel and match laminated stock

2. flashhole

flashhole Well-Known Member

This is mine. Rem 700 with Boyd's Thumbhole Laminate stock and Redfield (old School) 4 - 12 "TV Tube" wide field of view scope. I really like this setup.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. flashhole

Can't start them too young with proper supervision. She will love the 452.

4. Lrreloader

5. Lrreloader

Yeah when she is ready she will have lots to choose from. I used to make crickett .22's I have a few of them set aside also. I am secretly wanting the 452 for a suppressor host!

6. hunter67wa

hunter67wa Well-Known Member

well I did a 20 vartag and its awesome. go baby fireball! Now me thinks a furball might be cool also

flashhole likes this.
  7. sw282

sw282 Member

I first saw a 221FB at a silhouette match around 1977-78. lt was a real attention getter the way it slapped those 50 meter steel chickens. Absolutely instant gratification with it blinding speed for an XP100 handgun. Those little 50gr sp were at least twice as fast as my 44Mag Smith revolver. Fast forward maybe 15 years l had the addiction of shooting Prairie Dogs after a trip to Tx courtesy Uncle Sam.. l was still working but could not get enough of shooting them. l also could not afford the time needed to drive from South Carolina to TX, NM, OK. No work No Pay was the boss's motto. That's when l discovered AIRPLANES! Unless we were working a shutdown l worked four 10s. Mon thru Thurs. l could fly out on FRI. Shoot Sat and Sunday. Fly home on Monday.. l had limitations due to flying tho. One gun. Five kilos or 11 pounds of ammo... 22-250 would allow me about 180rds.. With 223 l could take about 350 rds. Almost double the ammo! Doing this a couple times a year everything worked UNTIL l run out of ammo:-( l thought about shipping things ahead or trying to buy more bullets after arrival... But schedules are TIGHT... That's when l thought of a 221FIREBALL... More ammo-app 500.. Lighter gun too. After hauling a 223 HV 26'' in an SKB case for ten yrs the gun seemed to be getting heavier every year.. Enter a Rem 7000 VLS in 221FB. 3 pounds LIGHTER. Just as accurate as my 223HV. App the same recoil w/35gr bullets. Does not get HOT as quickly.. All these plusses makes the 221 Fireball the WINNER!! Whats not to like??

8. flashhole

Fireball victim, off hand 90 yards.

[​IMG]

Lrreloader likes this.
  9. flashhole

I think the Fireball really shines with 40 grain Ballistic Tip bullets.

sw282 likes this.