220MK's

Charles A

220MK\'s

Mr. Boyd and any others that have experience with shooting them in a 300rem ultra mag, what would be a good starting,and what have you found to be the best load.What velocity could I expect out of a 26in barrel.I'm thinking close to 3000fps,with decent case life.Is that unreasenable? Also what BC. do they actually have.

Thanks in advance.
confused.gif

Re: 220MK\'s

Sealsniper.I have run the 220's up to 3100fps in my Sendero.The load that I have been running give's me 3026 and case life has been 3 loading's.The Rem brass is not very good.The load I use is 90gr of H1000 with a 215 Match primer.B.C is .655.RL25 also worked well in my gun..Hoped this helped

Thank you.
What kind of groups are you averaging.I've been using the 168gr's with decent groups around .6inch, some are in the 4's and 5's.Hoping to get in the 3's and 4's with 220's.
On your oal length I assume its max. somwhere around 3.65oal.I'm going to try to load some up in the next few days,although dont know when I'll be able to get to the range.
I hate work...LOL
frown.gif

Sealsniper.Group's are in the .5 inch range(5 shot's).My C.O.L was 3.655.You might want to try RL25 too.I got the same velocity with 91gr of RL25 that I did with 90gr of H1000.Start at 85gr of each and work up.Once you hit 3000fps keep a VERY CLOSE EYE ON THING'S.MINE did'nt start to show pressure until around 3050.Then it got bad in a hurry.Be safe and have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts