220 swift etronx

I use 40gr of 4064 with mag primers. Runs 55nos ballistic tip 4k. Also 40gr 4064 with hornady 50gr vmax. Either one scary good.
Whoa there big guy! That is a very hot load boarding on dangerous. I have been shooting the swift since about 1971 and I can tell you that is way over maximum load. Lets be very careful publishing load data. I am not saying that that load in your particular rifle might not work but I am saying it is way over book and in every swift I have been around it would have blown primers and locked up bolts.

Whoa there big guy! That is a very hot load boarding on dangerous. I have been shooting the swift since about 1971 and I can tell you that is way over maximum load. Lets be very careful publishing load data. I am not saying that that load in your particular rifle might not work but I am saying it is way over book and in every swift I have been around it would have blown primers and locked up bolts.
I agree, that's a hot load and could be dangerous in some rifles. 39 grains was a little hot in my rifles.
Gary

Not trying to hurt anyone. This is just my experience with a ruger m77 made in 1976. It has never had any blown primers, hard extractions, split necks. I thought everyone shot 37 to 40gr of 4064. Met a stranger the other day that works for an ammo mfg and his pet load was the same. Just thought it was ironic. Full disclosure it does have a 26in barrel.

Had a Kruger 26", 1:14 barrel installed on my Rem 700V a couple years ago. Has a 4 oz Jewel trigger. I read an article on A-2520 & the 220S & decided to try it. First loads yielded a 4 shot .19 moa grp. I quit right there. A-2520, 36 grains, CCI mag primers, Horn 52 gr BTHP Match bullets, est 3700 FPS.

For 50-52 grain bullets in the Swift Accurate 2700 has been very good accuracy and velocity wise for me. They have load data on their web site.
Accurate 2700 has been my go to for years. Very accurate and great velocities in 220 Swift. Also works great in 25-06 with lighter bullets!

30 years ago IMR 4064 was the go to powder in a 220 Swift. The load of choice back then was you guessed it 37-38 grs of 4064. It is not very temp stable. I have used W760 with good luck. Currently I am using RL-16 with good results and it is temp stable.
I have limited experience loading 220 swift and found it to be very finicky about any bullet that wasn't a 55 grain flat base and any powder that wasn't imr 4064, best results with a warm-ish load of 38.5 grains, shot lights out. Kind of hated everything else I tried!
You mention temp sensitive issues...if I had a 220 or was still loading for one I'd be VERY interested to see what imr enduron 4166 would do.

I use 40gr of 4064 with mag primers. Runs 55nos ballistic tip 4k. Also 40gr 4064 with hornady 50gr vmax. Either one scary good.
Not at all arguing with your results but dang! I reached max at 38.5 4064 with standard primers and 3800 FPS with 55 grains in the swift, wanted to go higher but got real shiny ejector marks...

Been using 760 in the Swift for years with Berger 45 gr bullets (DC'd unfortunately) and V-Max 50's. Max loads with both bullets is very accurate in my Ruger 77 and Hart barrel.

How the 220swift isnt more popular,i have no idea. My uncle just got his grandpa's pre 64 win, and a box of remington 49gr soft point ammo with a price tag of $3.99. They shot 3 covered by a dime. I was impressed. Can sammi specs be updated? Alittle longer throat would help it

How the 220swift isnt more popular,i have no idea. My uncle just got his grandpa's pre 64 win, and a box of remington 49gr soft point ammo with a price tag of $3.99. They shot 3 covered by a dime. I was impressed. Can sammi specs be updated? Alittle longer throat would help it
some people don't prefer 220 swift cause it's a barrel burner. take break between shots

some people don't prefer 220 swift cause it's a barrel burner. take break between shots
Exactly. What is the life of a swift barrel? I have had mine for years and not shot it out. 800rd to 1000rnds? Thats 4 or 5 cases of ammo. Thats plenty long if you use it with some sense. I want a cartridge that runs swift velocity (4k) with berger 80gr. But thats a diff topic

I've owned 3 different Etronx Rifles.
If you reload them HOT , and blow a primer, it will destroy the Electrode Firing Pin. And Good Luck finding a non-existent part.
I had to remove the E-Trigger , Electric
Ignition Bolt and Replaced them with
A Jewel Trigger , and a PTG Bolt .
(I had a Gunsmith recheck headspace, All worked excellent.)
Now I don't have to worry finding E-ammo or E-Primers anymore.
Shoots awesome.