220 Swift AI

I always go for the meat saver shot, right behind the shoulder as years of bow hunting have instilled in me. I can deal with 50 yards no problem, they won't even make it out of the Hay field that way!
So I think I will try the 35 grain first, as that has a little boat tail. I don't know if the 44gn will fly based off the 1in 12 recommendation.
Just don't gut them, the insides will be slush

Honestly you're not gaining anything except an 800.00 bill to replace the barrel far quicker than you would running a bit slower.

Put it in the right spot and they'll never notice an extra 100-200FPS.
I know you're right, I just want to burn the barn down for once in my life. 😁😁 then when I re-barrel I will make it into a medium weight 22-250 AI with a fast twist barrel for the 90gn VLD as that's an itch I have been wanting to scratch for some time..

I know you're right, I just want to burn the barn down for once in my life. 😁😁 then when I re-barrel I will make it into a medium weight 22-250 AI with a fast twist barrel for the 90gn VLD as that's an itch I have been wanting to scratch for some time..
my-man-my-man-hd.gif

That was a stage that lasted about 20 years for me till I figured out how expensive it was getting.

1642644880310.png

I still have a little of that in me though or I would not be shooting the 6.5 LRM and wanting to do slightly improved version next time around, the 7mm STW or the 300 Rum.

Truth is, I could kill the same game shooting a .260, 30-06 or 300wm, 7mm-08 7RM just as dead and have. In fact I took a break from the magnums a couple of years ago and shot nothing but the .260's. Same results, lots of dead pigs and dead deer.

But where's the fun in that when you can go 400fps faster or more!

That's kinda my question, where to start... when you have obscure caliber and obscure powder there will be a SWAG involved at least somewhere!

Course this project will be less of a magnum and more of a tiny tiny laser beam. The 6mm 115 kills with just a little too much boring regularity.

I might have to take one with the 338 just to compare and contrast the damage and time to expiration. Might have to write it up with pictures? whadya think?

They have the profiles but they have been really off base so far with powder volume vs speed, the reduction in friction with the PDR grooves seems to be what is hard to account for
Well generally drive band bullets run faster and at lower pressures than traditional bullets.

Maybe it's a difference in their groove technology? With the Peregrines I always felt pretty safe starting out with the closest bullets produced in the TSX/TTSX lines.

Well generally drive band bullets run faster and at lower pressures than traditional bullets.

Maybe it's a difference in their groove technology? With the Peregrines I always felt pretty safe starting out with the closest bullets produced in the TSX/TTSX lines.
That holds true for hammers as well but I'll give you an example, My 270 AI with the 117 Hammer with H4350 is listed in the Hodgdon reloading manual, it's the max load (63g) listed for the 90g Sierra HP @ 3603 and I'm running the 117's@ 3532