22 LR hollow point suggestions

If you can find some Remington Yellow Jackets you will have some really good shooting ammo!
The best things going were these Yellow Jackets. I have a Marlin bolt and a Browning T-bolt both will shoot yellow jackets into bug holes at 50 yards. I had my gunsmith put a recoil buffer in my S&W 41 and it shoots Yellow Jackets like they were Eley match rounds. The bullets performed well on groundhogs too. Usually one shot anchored them.

We have some huge woodchucks around here and I have had more than one charge meā€¦ the last one tried to bite the barrel on the 22-250 I am sure that he felt absolutely no pain
Almos everyone I know in NE PA shoot a 22-250. I was one of and maybe the only one shooting a .204 back in 2004 with 39 gr SBK. I was whacking those chucks out past 400 yrds and shocked those old timers.

Back to the subject. Once I found "Yellow Jackets" from Remington our TC Classic loved them. Then when Obama got elected and all the ammo dried up, we bought all the YJ we could get our hands on.

Once

Anybody find a Paco Kelly tool if you can. Night and day regarding accuracy and lethality. Plus it's pretty, and fun to play with.
Part I really don't get, is if Paco wacked ammo is so much more accurate and lethal, why has some maker not brought out a version of this stuff commercially. You would think it would be a BIG hit and a real easy way to up the accuracy of factory ammo.

Last edited:
There are two other alternatives. One is the Waltz die, I can't remember the name of the other but I own it. I love these stinkin' tools. The noise difference on a squirrel head between non formed and formed is remarkable.