22 jet magnum

Kevin

I just inherited a S&W 22 jet revolver. I am aware that they are discontinued because the cases would blow back and restrict the cyliner from rotating. So here is my question. Does anyone know if there are any wildcats out there that would make this cartidge more bottle necked and fix the problem?

Since the .22 Jet is based on the .357 Magnum case, I'm sure that someone, somewhere, has necked it down to .224.

Having both the .22 Jet and the .256 Winchester Magnum, I preferred the .256.

as closely all cartridge you can imp it as 22 Jet ackley imp that a nice imp gain on Jet because Jet have a big taper body and when fireform you get something close to 22/357 mag or 22/256 WIN mag

22 jet works not too bad but you need to use prefect clean and degraese case and clean chamber if you have greasy surface you case moove in chamber and lock cylinder
but shoulder case are not the best in revolver design gun .

22 Jet can be a nice conversion barrel in a TC or small Martini action .

good shooting

DAN TEC

Thanks,
I will do some poking around and see what to do, not sure if I want to put any money into it or not.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts