22 creedmoor

I'm using RE23 In my 22-250 AI running 80 Amax bullets. I have some 80.5 Full bores I'll try next. 500 yard groups around 2" but the day I shot the group, it was very hot and lots of mirage. Couldn't get a good clear focus of the bull. Hoping for a cooler day with better conditions for an accuracy test. Barrel is a 30" MTU 8 twist. Velocities were around 3550. My next barrel may be the Creedmoor depending on brass availability. Good looking group on steel. Post some pics of the rifle.
The 22 CM is essentially is 22-250ai with a 30* shoulder. I use 25 CM brass sized in a 250AI die in my 250AI. Perhaps Hornady marketing reinventing the wheel?

Mine shoots well with the Staball... 43.4gr from 21 inch barrel runs 3300 with 75 gr

The 22 CM is essentially is 22-250ai with a 30* shoulder. I use 25 CM brass sized in a 250AI die in my 250AI. Perhaps Hornady marketing reinventing the wheel?
Not sure BUT not fireforming saves barrel life. I'm all for it. Performance wise, I'm sure they are very close. I prefer brass ready to load so I'm hoping for a couple more options for 22 CM out there in brass by then.

Not sure BUT not fireforming saves barrel life. I'm all for it. Performance wise, I'm sure they are very close. I prefer brass ready to load so I'm hoping for a couple more options for 22 CM out there in brass by then.
Thats exactly why I went with the 22 cm, its not even in production but there are several different quality brass options

Adg, Petersen, Lapua. What other 22 creedmoor options you want?

Adg, Petersen, Lapua. What other 22 creedmoor options you want?
When I built my 22-250, they all didn't make it. Now they do but even not so long ago, it wasn't in stock anywhere. Was impossible to find. Kinda want to be able to order it if I have a rifle for it. Like anything new, takes time to show up. Alpha munitions and Hornady also makes it. Never saw any Lapua brand 22 CM brass. Must be on there "To do" list . Never saw it listed on there site. Looks like most of it may be available today.

Last edited:
When I built my 22-250, they all didn't make it. Now they do but even not so long ago, it wasn't in stock anywhere. Was impossible to find. Kinda want to be able to order it if I have a rifle for it. Like anything new, takes time to show up. Alpha munitions and Hornady also makes it. Never saw any Lapua brand 22 CM brass. Must be on there "To do" list . Never saw it listed on there site. Looks like most of it may be available today.
But even if none of those options are readily available, you can still find 6mm cm brass and size it without having to fire form

When I burn out the barrel on my 22-250 AI, I'm going with a 22 CM. The CM has just a slight velocity advantage over the 250 AI, but not having to fire form is a big plus. Both are awesome rounds though! My 22-250 AI is slinging 80 gr ELDMs at 3300 with RL-23. I imagine I could get a bit more with RL-26.

When I burn out the barrel on my 22-250 AI, I'm going with a 22 CM. The CM has just a slight velocity advantage over the 250 AI, but not having to fire form is a big plus. Both are awesome rounds though! My 22-250 AI is slinging 80 gr ELDMs at 3300 with RL-23. I imagine I could get a bit more with RL-26.
Having a 30" barrel helps. RL23 gets me 3550 with those same 80s. RL17 and 4350 both are close. RL26 is suppose to be faster but I've heard cases where accuracy is not as good especially at the higher speeds that powder offers.

Having a 30" barrel helps. RL23 gets me 3550 with those same 80s. RL17 and 4350 both are close. RL26 is suppose to be faster but I've heard cases where accuracy is not as good especially at the higher speeds that powder offers.

That's smoking! I went with a 26" barrel on mine.

I've been shooting the 22-250 for about 18 years now. Current barrel is an 8 twist shooting 75 grain eld-m's at 3K FPS. Have taken prairie dogs out to 1100 yds with it. Next barrel will be the .22 creed and higher bc bullets. From your posts here I believe it will only be a better varmint round. The wind at longer ranges is pretty hard on theses 75 grainers.