22 creedmoor

Joejack

Let a friend shoot my 22 creedmoor this morning 5 shots on a 4" steel plate at 500yds. Shooting from a tall bench standing up 85.5 gr Bergers 3300 fps 26" barrel 1/7 twist

Attachments

• 4A45B782-FE33-4D02-84AD-4879A8F4705A.jpeg
    4A45B782-FE33-4D02-84AD-4879A8F4705A.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 481
Exact powder/ bullet I am shooting in my long barrel 22 Creedmoor for matches.
Still using 75gr and 6.5 Staball for predators in the short barrel

I'm the one who shot his gun I can honestly say I've never seen a gun shoot as well as that rifle I guarantee if I could of seen a nickel at 500 I could of hit it Saturday morning no recoil just a thrill to shoot it. David
I built two of them. My 76 year old Father shot mine and centered up on my 500 yd gong. He hasn't shot any firearm in 20 years. After he shot, he turned around and looked kinda funny & asked" did I hit it?" I said yea, didn't you hear it hit the gong & see it swing? He said " yeah but I just cant believe I hit it. LoL. Everyone whose shot the two I put together fell in love with them.

My build will consist of:

R700 SA
27" brux Rem varmint contour 1:8 twist barrel
Mcmillan A3 sporter standard fill
Jewell trigger
Either a leupold vx5 HD or a NF NXS
Alpha brass
85.5 Gr Berger's
RL23

I have everything but the jewell trigger at the moment. Will send it off to the smith right when hunting season starts so time will fly by.

I am hoping to get some good speeds out of the 27" barrel and RL23. Will be a longrange coyote/target rig. You can get up on hills out here in the desert of SW New Mexico and listen for the coyotes yipping in the morning and glass them up a long ways out. Should be a lot of fun.

My build will consist of:

R700 SA
27" brux Rem varmint contour 1:8 twist barrel
Mcmillan A3 sporter standard fill
Jewell trigger
Either a leupold vx5 HD or a NF NXS
Alpha brass
85.5 Gr Berger's
RL23

I have everything but the jewell trigger at the moment. Will send it off to the smith right when hunting season starts so time will fly by.

I am hoping to get some good speeds out of the 27" barrel and RL23. Will be a longrange coyote/target rig. You can get up on hills out here in the desert of SW New Mexico and listen for the coyotes yipping in the morning and glass them up a long ways out. Should be a lot of fun.
Sounds like its gonna be an awesome rig. Lot of fun!

I'm using RE23 In my 22-250 AI running 80 Amax bullets. I have some 80.5 Full bores I'll try next. 500 yard groups around 2" but the day I shot the group, it was very hot and lots of mirage. Couldn't get a good clear focus of the bull. Hoping for a cooler day with better conditions for an accuracy test. Barrel is a 30" MTU 8 twist. Velocities were around 3550. My next barrel may be the Creedmoor depending on brass availability. Good looking group on steel. Post some pics of the rifle.

Exact powder/ bullet I am shooting in my long barrel 22 Creedmoor for matches.
Still using 75gr and 6.5 Staball for predators in the short barrel
Tell me more about how this does with the 6.5 staball. I have a short barreled one also shooting 75 gr ELDMs, I've been shooting RL26 with it but I would like to find a different powder.

Recent Posts