22 Creedmoor

I run 85.5 Berger's in a 1-7 twist with RL26 at 3300, in a 26 inch carbon six barrel. Haven't lost one bullet yet.
How many bullets fired down your 7 twist to date? I also own a 7-twist, but have only shot about 100 bullets total, so far.

From what I've read, and I've read a lot... more normal to start suffering bullet failures in flight after ~300 rounds fired.

Some folk think 5-land rifling is easier on the bullets during launch than 4 land rifling...

How many bullets fired down your 7 twist to date? I also own a 7-twist, but have only shot about 100 bullets total, so far.

From what I've read, and I've read a lot... more normal to start suffering bullet failures in flight after ~300 rounds fired.

Some folk think 5-land rifling is easier on the bullets during launch than 4 land rifling...
I dunno know exactly, more than 300 for sure.

I have 1 Xcaliber 7 twist I can run 85.5 Bergers @ 3300 over 900 rds on that barrel 2 other Xcaliber 7 twist barrels I can run 3250. But my 7 twist bartlin I can only run them 3215 any faster and they blow up. Running 88gr eldm at 3215 in it now so far they are staying together. I have read where a lot of guys are running 8 twist barrels with heavy bullets

For those who are disintegrating bullets:

I ran a 22-243AI, 8 twist, for quite some time. The rifle preferred the 75 A-Max so that's what it got fed. I ran bullets at 3,670 ft/sec and never lost a single bullet even though the A-Max bullets are fragile and other shooters were "dusting" them. I think the reason that I never had a problem was because I was moly coating and waxing the bullets at the time. Keeping the jackets as slippery as possible most likely reduced the stress on the jackets as they endured the engraving process.

If you are dusting bullets, it may be worth a try using any one of the new bullet coatings.

My 7 twist pretty much vaporizes any bullet I've tried under 85.5 and 40 grains of H4350! Both my 8 twists are much easier on bullets all the way down to 69 grains so far. I've hit 3700 but forgot the recipe that was 73 grain bergers and 8 twist. I did secure some 80 grain bergers but haven't tried them in either twist yet.

My understanding is the slower 8-twist eliminates most bullet failures in 22 Creed. 8-twist may not be ideal for the heaviest 88-95gr bullets. So it can be a Catch 22 scenario where 7 twist is right for the heavies, but spins bullets so fast some will vaporize in flight.

If I chamber another barrel to shoot the 88-95gr bullets, my compromise will be 7.5 twist, for the fairy 🧚‍♂️ tale ending.

Well luckily barrel twist is not the only requirement for stabilization.
The twist requirement is displacement per turn.
The displacement itself is drag through a given air density.
So shooting at a low enough air density may provide for full stabilization at 7.5" per turn.

I've been shooting the 88 Hornady's with H4350.. Getting 3,300 with them in an 8 twist Bart.. No failures yet and they kill stuff really well..

Well luckily barrel twist is not the only requirement for stabilization.
The twist requirement is displacement per turn.
The displacement itself is drag through a given air density.
So shooting at a low enough air density may provide for full stabilization at 7.5" per turn.
Little off the subject but all the new rage in self defense handgun loads is the fluted bullets in light weight configurations causing hydraulic shock. I've wondered how much damage a bullet spinning at 250k+ rpms inflicts beyond the actual bullet damage.

I have approximately 900 rounds of 75-80 and 88 grain Hornady ELD-M/X through my 22 Creed 26" 7 twist X-caliber barrel
98% of these rounds at 3400-3500 fps according to my Magneto Speed
I have not had any bullets come apart yet, including 75 grainers at 3500+ fps
I'm in Florida so altitude is a non issue
Very impressive cartridge
I don't hunt, I just shoot steels with it out to 850 yards so far
It'll easily go sub moa at 850 if I do my part
Hope to take it out to 1200 plus sometime this year