22 creedmoor - what bullets?

cb4128

What bullets are the 22 creedmoor shooters using? I have a bunch of 75gr hornady eldm's left over that I was going to try in a new build - but was also looking at the 77gr sierra tipped game kings and the 70gr hornady gmx bullets.

This is an all around Texas truck gun - so coyotes, deer, hogs are all the target species.

Thanks for any input!

What bullets are the 22 creedmoor shooters using? I have a bunch of 75gr hornady eldm's left over that I was going to try in a new build - but was also looking at the 77gr sierra tipped game kings and the 70gr hornady gmx bullets.

This is an all around Texas truck gun - so coyotes, deer, hogs are all the target species.

Thanks for any input!
Depends on your barrel twist we've found with a 7 twist 77 grain bullets blow up anything over 3300 FPS even some 85.5 are blowing up you don't believe me look up the post I made talk about crazy you will see a 85.5 grain Berger that shed it's jacket. David

Been shooting 75 eldm in my 22 creed going on 3 years with re26. Killed everything i hit with it quick and some were fairly long shots. Tried some sierra 80s also and they fine as well but in my mind the 75 eldm were the winners. Pigs, deer, coyotes, bobcats etc..

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I've heard/read great things about the 73g hammers. Guys posted that they were running them up close to 3800.

I'm running 77tmk in a 22" supressed 8tw barrel. Full lapua case of rl23 going 3400 with the ultra7 on. Shoots great 14-22k off lands. Rl26 goes even faster but isn't really necessary!

I like the 88 eldm in mine. 7 twist . 7.5-8 twist would be a bit more reliable for them tho. I hear of a lot of 88s going poof when driven hard in a 7 twist. Cracked throats and certain rifling may play a part?

69tmk over 39.0gn of varget is running 3510 from a 20"/9tw. Slays the coyotes. Lapua srp brass and cci-450's.

From the 22"/8tw we run the 77tmk with 42.3gns of h4350 and 80.5gn berger at 3400 fps with 42.2gn of H4350 in Lapua srp brass.
All have been devastating on game.

Unless you are running heavies, I feel like the 8tw is just about optimal for this cartridge.

I know of one in a 12tw that has 55gn NBTs at 4,000fps.

Thanks for any input!
I have a 8 twist 22/250AI on a Kimber 84M. Pretty much the same as the 22 CM.

Mine perks really well with 70 Hammers. 62 Sierra, 60 Horn HP's and the 70 Accubond. Take your pick of any of those and you're golden for what you're looking for