22 Creedmoor, Fur

Roscoehd

I plan on running a 22 Creedmoor and 6 DTI this season, this will be the 1st year with the Creedmoor. I have a good load with 75 gr ELM (3465 fps) and a good load with 69 gr TMK ( 3420 fps).
How do these 2 bullets perform on coyotes @ these speeds?

Thanks for the input.

I plan on running a 22 Creedmoor and 6 DTI this season, this will be the 1st year with the Creedmoor. I have a good load with 75 gr ELM (3465 fps) and a good load with 69 gr TMK ( 3420 fps).
How do these 2 bullets perform on coyotes @ these speeds?

Thanks for the input.
Probably too heavy of a bullet if you are saving fur. I run 52 grain ELD-X bullets out of my custom 22-250 at 4000 fps and the bullet never exits. They look like they died of old age. Last year I averaged $106 on my coyotes.

Ran the 69 TMK out of my 223AI AR 26" barrel at 3100ish and it was fine for fur--no big exits. But 300+fps mv more is probably a whole different ball game.

I run a 22-243 for my coyote rifle and shoot the 75g amax at 3500. I usually get an exit if it's under 200 yards. Exits are about like a grapefruit. It lays them down right there, fur buyers never really deducted much because of the holes I have had. Now I ha e heard of the 77tmks not exiting don't have any personal experience on this but have heard that. There is a 22creedmoor Facebook group that might have some good information for you too.

I run the 80.5 berger full bore in my 8tw 22cm and in my 7tw 223ai and it is flat nasty on coyotes and whitetail. Shhhh, don't tell anyone that I hunt with a match bullet. Frontal shots usually don't exit, but side shots will have about a walnut to golf ball sized hole depending upon range and if you hit bone. In my 9tw 22cm, I run the 69 TMK at 3510fps and it hits hard. Walnut sized exits if it exits, but the insides are typically red soup. The 75 ELDM, if they behave like the AMAX, tend to be a little more "splashy" on critters at creedmoor/x47L speeds so probably might want to look elsewhere for whitetails. There are plenty of guys that swear by the ELDM, so what do I know.

The 75g ELDM at 22 creedmoor velocities is going to be aggressive on hides. If you are using them for coyote derbies where you need the fast kills and the less chance of a run off, they are perfect. If you are just looking to kill a few and want to put them up and sell them, look for a non tipped, harder bullet.

Probably too heavy of a bullet if you are saving fur. I run 52 grain ELD-X bullets out of my custom 22-250 at 4000 fps and the bullet never exits. They look like they died of old age. Last year I averaged $106 on my coyotes.
Where do you get those 52 grain ELD-X bullets? I can't find them.

Website shows an 52 grain ELD-match bullet............I used to like the 50 grain V-Max in a 22-250, stayed in the coyote most of the time. I know a guy here in Mondamtana that says the 50 SBK in a 22-250 stays in all the time on a coyote for him.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.