• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

22 Creedmoor brass (lapua preferred)

GREATSCOTT!

Looking for brass for my 22 creeds. Prefer the lapua convert stuff if possible, alpha would be a DISTANT second in my despair.

I searched and found someone here but for some reason i can't message the old OP about it...rookie skills on here lol

Looking for brass for my 22 creeds. Prefer the lapua convert stuff if possible, alpha would be a DISTANT second in my despair.

I searched and found someone here but for some reason i can't message the old OP about it...rookie skills on here lol
I think Peterson is making 22 creed brass

If you go over to Sniperhide or Accurateshooter you can find Clownbuster. His stuff is top notch!!!
Ok I'll go over there and get signed up. Thanks for the reply. So like "how top notch" is his stuff?? Give me some details on his attention to details lol e.g. accurate out of the gate or has to be fire-formed two and three times before its right

Ok I'll go over there and get signed up. Thanks for the reply. So like "how top notch" is his stuff?? Give me some details on his attention to details lol e.g. accurate out of the gate or has to be fire-formed two and three times before its right

Here's the deal. if you want lapua 22 creed brass its gonna be formed and turned!! its the best I've seen and my brand new brass shoots in the same hole same load as my fired 10x brass!!

Here's the deal. if you want lapua 22 creed brass its gonna be formed and turned!! its the best I've seen and my brand new brass shoots in the same hole same load as my fired 10x brass!!
H O L Y C O W. In my experience, new factory Lapua brass doesn't even shoot like that until its fired at least once!!

So whats so BAD about Alpha and Peterson brass for you to so DISTANCE it ? Just wondering - Thks WP
GREAT QUESTION......but off topic and would be better served in the Reloading Discussion section of the forum. Short answer: the difference is not that they're so bad, its that Lapua is so much better in my experiences, which is why Im looking specifically for it.

I think they're fine brass manufacturers, but they do not hold up to 25+ firings even with proper care. I keep my rifles a long time and I SHOOT A LOT. If I didn't, shorter life duration would be the lowest denominator.

You should buy lapua 6mm creedmoor brass with Small rifle primers and then size it for 22 creedmoor yourself. I've bought 6mm creedmoor lapua brass off midway a couple months ago for around $90 for 100. I've also been using Peterson brass for my 6mm Creedmoor. I've been very impressed with the Peterson brass so far and would highly recommend it. I'm not sure if the durability will be as good as lapua brass but so far it appears it will last. The initial quality of peterson brass was better than any lapua, Nosler or Norma that I have seen.