.22 Creedmoor, anyone?

Joejack

I think I have a shorter freebore 95 gr smk I have a lot of the bullet in the case I am not going to worry about it the 90gr Bergers shoot really good at the velocity I am running them sat I hit a 16oz water bottle 1 shot at 500yds really happy with it. Should be a great coyote round

pickens72

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered a Brux rem. varmint barrel with a 8 twist. I will just not open the 7 twist when it gets here and return it. Im guessing the 8 twist will give me a wider ranger of bullets to work with anyways without blowing bullets up midflight.
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered a Brux rem. varmint barrel with a 8 twist. I will just not open the 7 twist when it gets here and return it. Im guessing the 8 twist will give me a wider ranger of bullets to work with anyways without blowing bullets up midflight.
iv blow up about everything in a 7t 5r pacnor, only run hammers in that gun now. never lost a bullet in the 4gr 8t brux they r good barrels, but 95s wouldn't stabilize in my 8t!

Joejack

I think I have a shorter freebore 95 gr smk I have a lot of the bullet in the case I am not going to worry about it the 90gr Bergers shoot really good at the velocity I am running them sat I hit a 16oz water bottle 1 shot at 500yds really happy with it. Should be a great coyote round
Will my barrel sped up 90gr Bergers are 3260fps now and 85.5 gr Bergers are running 3300

djfergus

That velocity sounds about right. 3260 fps was as fast as I could run the 88 eld with h4350. I could run almost 100 for faster with RL26. Copper Creek 88 eld ammo ran 3260 after a short break in but only ran 3150 at first. It's possible that it may try to speed up. Just keep an eye on pressure signs.

Joejack

That velocity sounds about right. 3260 fps was as fast as I could run the 88 eld with h4350. I could run almost 100 for faster with RL26. Copper Creek 88 eld ammo ran 3260 after a short break in but only ran 3150 at first. It's possible that it may try to speed up. Just keep an eye on pressure signs.
I am running rl23 I am having single didget es

Equalizer

Dang.... All this 22 Creedmoor talk is making me itchy. I really want to rebarrel my Sako 75V 22-250 (1-14” twist) to 22 Creedmoor. I hate to mess with a flawless rifle but I’d like to shoot heavier bullets than 60 gr. and it’s just a rebarrel/chamber job. Should be pretty painless. Anyone have a good Smith they trust and would recommend in the great state of Indiana???

LTH181818

The paper target was hung in front of a steel drum and was suspended over the drum instead of flat against it. This had happened before with other cartridges when I shoot at a paper targets hung like that on the drum. Its a make shift 100yd target for me that I only occasionally use because I hardly ever shoot at 100yds any more. I usually shoot at 300, 400 & 500 yds at home. I have shot out to 500 with both 22 creedmoors and It has made it to the steel target everytime. Ive heard reports of SMK & ELDs blowing up in a 7 twist 22 creedmoor & 22-250 AI when pushed up to & beyond 3200 fps but it was all 4 groove or 3 groove barrels. Although there may be folks who have had blow ups from a 5R 7 twist, I haven't heard of any and shouldn't be any unless the barrel is toast or flawed.
Go with 22-250, 7 twist, 88 ELD's and you do not have to stress about blow ups.

djfergus

I'm guessing that most of the blow ups is a faulty barrel issue, not an issue with the 22 creedmoor cartridge itself.

Korhil78

im going to be running the 85.5 gr bergers out of my 22 creedmoor when I get it built. I have a R700 short action, Mcmillan A3 sporter stock, Bartlein Rem. Varmint contour 8 twist barrel and some alpha brass. Just have to contact the smith.

I am going to try RL23 with the 85.5 bergers and see how it does.

highdrum

Blow ups are coming from 7 twist barrels in 4 groove or less configurations in most instances. Sometimes things go well for 3-400 rounds and then poof, problems.......

Trending threads

Recent Posts