.22 Creedmoor, anyone?

I've mostly been using R26 and loaded up some R23 today. I shoot 82 grain Bergers in an 8 twist. I've chambered up three barrels, all 8 twist, and they stabilize fine.

I'm getting 3450 with R23. Interestingly, the load with SD of 3.1 didn't shoot as well as the load with SD of 12. I shot a 1.3" group at 600 with 43.5 grains of R23. I've managed to shoot two other groups less than 1.5" at 600 with R26. I don't shoot much for groups at that distance so I have no idea how often it'll do it.

Very impressive speeds out of the 22 Creed. I used to shoot a 22-284 with 80 gr Bergers at 3550-3600 fps.

I was able to get those speeds with R26 but I'm now liking the more temp stability and smaller groups of R23.

Still waiting on the reamer for mine to arrive, then my builder can finish mine. VERY frustrating wait on the reamer company.

I'll start with H4350 80.5 Bergers, 80gr MK's.

Proof Carbon 24" barrel, I will run an Omega 300 can. Hope the 4350 can get decent velocity, cant find RL-26

as soon as I get my .50" group, I'll quit burning up my barrel and components. Copper Creek factory loads will be used for basic break in and sighting in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts