22 Creed?

gohring3006

I have a Rem short action, and I was thinking about putting a 1-8 twist barrel in 7-08.
Now I'm thinking about a 22 Creed 1-7 twist shooting the heavies. Anyone messed wit it, or similar? What velocity are you getting with 80 plus grain bullets?

With the Blackjack 131 bullets, I think a .257 CM would be a more viable option with a 24" 1:7 twist barrel. More punch, more KE, better trajectory.

With the Blackjack 131 bullets, I think a .257 CM would be a more viable option with a 24" 1:7 twist barrel. More punch, more KE, better trajectory.
I talked about that with the smith, but I'm not sold on it yet, mainly until supply gets better. And maybe a few more companies following suit.
But once Blackjack gets rolling good, and the obvious backorder that's coming, I'll probably do the 25 next rebarrel, which is only a year or so after completing this project.

That was my first choice, but standard mag length is a problem with the heavies. If it was a long action I would have probably went that route.

I have been shooting 22 Creedmoor for a few years now shooting mainly coyotes but have killed quite a few deer and pigs too. Up around 600-700 rounds on the barrel a
Most all shot at critters of some persuasion used 75/80 gr Hornady and 80.5 Berger for 100 rounds too. From 24 inch barrel expect 3400-3500 depending on powder and how much brass life you expect.
My standard load 45.3 gr Reloder 26 runs the 80gr at 3440

I have been shooting 22 Creedmoor for a few years now shooting mainly coyotes but have killed quite a few deer and pigs too. Up around 600-700 rounds on the barrel a
Most all shot at critters of some persuasion used 75/80 gr Hornady and 80.5 Berger for 100 rounds too. From 24 inch barrel expect 3400-3500 depending on powder and how much brass life you expect.
My standard load 45.3 gr Reloder 26 runs the 80gr at 3440
I like that velocity, running the ballistics, it should be a gun gun to shoot way out.

Ya a couple of us did that 5 years ago. The bummer was making brass. My accuracy node was mid 3200's with 75 grain berger. Brass stretched pretty good. Now with Lapua brass that may be different. Shot a deer with it. Deer couldn't tell me which caliber I used. lol. drt.

On another note I had a 788 in 22-250 in safe and took it out put on a Shilen match 26' tube 1/8 only cause they suggested it cause of the velocities I was going to be running. Brass is a snap. Lapua. 3243 with 75 grain bergers with H414 under 1/2 minute. My rifle is a single shot though as I have them loaded way out. The AI might be an option also. 2 cents

Ya a couple of us did that 5 years ago. The bummer was making brass. My accuracy node was mid 3200's with 75 grain berger. Brass stretched pretty good. Now with Lapua brass that may be different. Shot a deer with it. Deer couldn't tell me which caliber I used. lol. drt.

On another note I had a 788 in 22-250 in safe and took it out put on a Shilen match 26' tube 1/8 only cause they suggested it cause of the velocities I was going to be running. Brass is a snap. Lapua. 3243 with 75 grain bergers with H414 under 1/2 minute. My rifle is a single shot though as I have them loaded way out. The AI might be an option also. 2 cents
Alpha munitions now stocks brass for the 22 Creed.
That's one of the reasons for the choice. But I know I could neck down 6mm Creed brass pretty easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.