22 creed 73gr Absolute hammers!

Well if it takes a couple of years to burn it up then I guess it's not to expensive to replace barrels.
Always said barrels are the cheapest component of a system. Even with chambering but that has changed quite a bit with CFW barrels but still IMO well worth the cost in the trade off for how much enjoyment I get from the activity

Who barrel? I got a 6mm/280AI just finished up presently. I probable won't get to the range until the summer with it. Still get reloading equipment to finish off my new reloading equipment at the same time. I did get a second barrel and I have the reamer also. I can see you like to push the bullet along too. The reloading equipment seem to be slower than getting than the rifle built.

Always said barrels are the cheapest component of a system. Even with chambering but that has changed quite a bit with CFW barrels but still IMO well worth the cost in the trade off for how much enjoyment I get from the activity

Still the cheapest, regardless of brand and material. More so now than ever.

During the M14 days, 5K rounds is about the norm to replace the barrel... that equates to 32 pounds of powder.

I tell new shooters, don't fall in love with their barrel, they are like tires, after they serve you well, time to send them off.

Still the cheapest, regardless of brand and material. More so now than ever.

During the M14 days, 5K rounds is about the norm to replace the barrel... that equates to 32 pounds of powder.

I tell new shooters, don't fall in love with their barrel, they are like tires, after they serve you well, time to send them off.
Many cartridges don't eat barrels fast. I just have more that do than don't. At 720.00 plus 200.00 to chamber and crown a CFW barrel, it's the cheapest component if you only buy top end actions and stocks. Either way, barrels ARE like tires, they wear out and need replacing. For me as a hunter recreational shooter, they last longer than when I shot in other formats. Well worth it for sure. I spent 400.00 for a new take off Rem 700 action and 630.00 for an Iota stock which puts the barrel at the highest priced component of my rifle minus the optic. With Bartleins new steel and CFW barrels, it's shifting even as prices go up on everything today. Custom actions and many stocks far out price even the most expensive barrels for sure.

Many cartridges don't eat barrels fast. I just have more that do than don't. At 720.00 plus 200.00 to chamber and crown a CFW barrel, it's the cheapest component if you only buy top end actions and stocks. Either way, barrels ARE like tires, they wear out and need replacing. For me as a hunter recreational shooter, they last longer than when I shot in other formats. Well worth it for sure. I spent 400.00 for a new take off Rem 700 action and 630.00 for an Iota stock which puts the barrel at the highest priced component of my rifle minus the optic. With Bartleins new steel and CFW barrels, it's shifting even as prices go up on everything today. Custom actions and many stocks far out price even the most expensive barrels for sure.

My #1 double lugged M1A is on it's 5th barrel. Imagine how many rounds have been through the receiver, and it is still going strong. Never replaced any part other than the barrels.

I just complete my 6mm/280AI. At the time I started it I got a second barrel and left it as a blank. The barrel are really long to start with. Figuring I am going have rechamber it and crown the barrel, and hopefully I get several time at cutting down the barrel before going on to the next barrel.