22 creed 73gr Absolute hammers!

I haven't gotten to use their bullet yet. I do have some on hand. I feel what he has built is one of the better bullets on the market for an all copper bullet. I am looking forward driving there 100gr Hunter in my 6mm-280AI rifle here is summer.

Apologize for failing to follow up in a timely manner, but I've had the rifle awhile and got around 50 - 60 rounds down the tube now and have some info to add. 1) MRP is the only powder I've used so far (haven't used RL26) that gives me consistent 1/2 MOA. I tried using ADG brass, as well as reforming Lapua 6mm Creed. Used 2 bullets so far: 78 grain Barnes TSX, and 73gr Hammer Hunter. Both bullets group 1/2 MOA with the MRP, and both ADG .22 Creed brass and the Lapua reformed 6mm Creed brass will get to 1/2 MOA. Using Federal Match primers.

A word about crimping: a Lee 6mm Creedmoor Factory Crimp die will put a slight amount of tension on the loaded .22 Creed. You can find a spot between the grooves on the Barnes to put a crimp, but if you tey it in the Hammer, the bullet comes out of the die at an obvious 10-degree angle or so because of how the Hammer is designed on the shank. Same results with the .30 caliber 124 HH. There isn't enough solid shank along the machined length. The good news is that you don't need to crimp to get great consistent accuracy. Also, do not attempt to seat the 88gr ELD without the secant ogive seating stem (Hornady products). The tips will be hourglass-shaped if you do. I got the stem after ruining a couple bullets, but have had no desire to try them, as I'm satisfied with my other bullets.

I am not pusing these. I got 3000 - 3100fps using 42 grains of MRP. Increased to 44 grains and got into the 3300s (24" 1:7 barrel). Both charges shot 1/2 MOA. I won't have the opportunity to shoot more than 300 - 400 yards around here, with the most likely scenario being 100 - 150yds. I'm good with what I have load-wise, and see no need to try to improve things by wasting barrel life and components.

Someone mentioned that the Barnes TSX doesn't open as easily as the Hammers, and I think I have experienced that first hand. There was lots of talk in this thread about shot placement. Several years ago (about 18 or 19), I bought a Tikka Hunter in .223 with 1:8 twist and decided I was going to deer hunt with it using 70 grain Barnes TSX bullets. It was a tack driver with those bullets, yes indeed! I had heard the same things about needing to take head/neck shots with such a small bullet. So I did hust that for the first couple kills. Neck shots dropped a young buck and doe in their tracks without a flinch. Then I got brave. There was a 150lb doe walling broadside in the open, so I decided I was going to take a shoulder shot. Got her to stop and fired. She took off and ran past me for 120 yards before getting caught in an impenetrable copse of vines and hedges with zero blood trail. Fortunately, I was able to see and mentally mark where she entered the wood line and found her within sight in the wall of brush upon entering in search of her an hour or so later. There was a small entrance hole on the shoulder right where I'd aimed, and a small exit wound in the opposite flank 18 inches or more back of there the entrance was. Recall I said this was a broadside shot. So not only did the bullet fail to open much at the 2700-ish speed I had it running at for best accuracy, but it either ricocheted off the shoulder blade or tumbled upon entry, because it took out the stomach and some of the intestines. You know what I had to deal with then during skinning and quartering/deboning. That experience broke me from using .22 calibers anymore after that on deer. Now I see it wasn't the cartridge's fault, rather the bullet wasn't ideal for that application at the speed I was running it.

I can see how the Hammer will be a better choice for that same kind of shot from the .22 Creedmoor. It opens, fires its 3 secondary projectiles inside the vitals, and then flattens up front for insane penetration and trauma - even at much lower speeds than 2700fps, as with my .223 experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be doing much hunting this year due to work and other obligations, such as home renovation. Maybe next year...

One final thought on buying hammer bullets vs others. You have a wealth of load info online both here and on the Hammer Time forum. Customer service is off the freaking charts! How many companies do you know of where if you type in a question on a forum or contact message box that you get a quick answer from the owner, President, and CEO? How many companies handle any problems you encounter by responses directly from the owner, President, and CEO? A buddy of mine thought found some Hammer bullets to be undersized on the diameter. Steve responded immediately when I told him the issue and put my friend in contact with him. Come to find out, he had an inaccurate cheap set of calipers. They measured all bullets undersized by the same .002", and when he replaced them with a better set, the "issue" disappeared. Nearly gave Steve a heart attack. He was worried sick gathering info on the lot number and how many were affected, etc. You better believe he was about to make it right! How many bullet/reloading companies keep everything in stock during the shortage on everything? How many companies ship in a day or two in many or most cases? Sometimes, same day. How many companies were built by years of work and research and using resources and labor from right here in the USA? Quite honestly, I want Hammer Bullets to succeed and thrive because they represent what companies use to be founded on in this country: Integrity, honesty, customer service, and making sure every piece of every product they put out is equal to every other one of those pieces ever produced. They are "the little guy" in a world of big corporate automation. They are willing to stand accountable for their product and stand behind it. I'm sure companies like Nosler, Hornady, Berger, Barnes, and others started like this years ago, but they have all grown to the point of being impersonable. Message them and you won't get a reply from the owner, President, and CEO unless they messed up BAD. I bought a box of .257 100 grain Swift A-Frame bullets once and inside the box labeled such were 120 grain bullets. Could have been dangerous if I'd tried to load them hot and not checked the weights. I contacted the company and had me ship the bullets back by UPS on my dime, which cost me $26 at the UPS store before I knew better. They were apologetic and the person who answered the email said the owner was taking some 100 grainers out of his personal stash to send me as a replacement. It took awhile, but I did get them. That was pretty good service, but still not on the level that Steve gives at Hammer bullets.

So in essence, I want to support Steve's company to reward him for being how he is and making such a great and consistent product. Maybe if Hammer bullets expands and gets bigger, they can add automation, employees, equipment, and have more buying power to get copper in bulk. Then bullets will get cheaper. However, not that I don't want Hammer Bullets to stay stagnant, but I am perfectly A-OK with paying around a dollar per bullet (give or take depending on caliber, weight, and model) to keep Steve making his product and being such an awesome guy. He has had to endure much, and it makes me feel just a little warm and fuzzy knowing I'm helping out such a great guy with such a great product. Hammer Bullets may one day grow into an impersonable corporate machine one day after Steve is long gone like other companies have after the passing or retiring of their founders. But until then, I will support Steve because he puts in the time and money to support me when I need it by having a great performimg, consistent product in stock and on the way to my door in the bat of an eye and personally anwers for everything that comes up. He earns my money AND my respect. If everyone ran their company like Steve, this country would be greater than it's ever been in its hey-day. Sure we want other bullet companies to survive, too, but the larger companies are more resilient to economic factors than a small company like Hammer Bullets. Competition is a good thing. That's why America has survived as long as we have. Consider what your money is actually supporting when you buy. Not just bullets, but in everything!
Nicely said, brian and steve r good friends of mine, have designed serval 22 cal bullets for me, this 73 Absolute is one of them. Iv probably killed over 150 deer and hogs with there bullets in the last 4 years mostly 22 cal. They r hands down the best hunting bullet iv ever shot. I can confirm the pencil through with the 70gr barnes i shot when it first came out, watched deer run off. Find some 500 yds later. Hammers the only mono for me!

they r designed to always blow petals off, on the 70gr 22 cal it will weigh 42/44grs if u catch one lol hard to catch one without a angled shot! in the pictures i posted early u will see a doe with neck blow into, was a straight on shot went down top of back stuck in ham, bullets posted to

So Pick "they are designed to always blow petals off", that's what I thought but a while back someone told ,me (from here not...). With that said I totally underforstand why it's tough to catch one. thx

That's about on for the 284 case. Think I got 800. I was running 75s at 3800 (30" barrel). I prefer the 22-250 AI today.
Iv got 4 22/284s love them! They hunting guns and with a hammer bullet load work up is 20 rds or less after i built the first one figures it out. They last me for years in a hunting rifle!