.22 CM, help needed !

Shubey

Anyone have load data for 22CM using 70to80 grain bullets, using RL22,25, or US 869? Can you form brass by running 6mm CM brass into 22CM FL Dies ? Please advise! Regards, D.

Yea you can run 6 creedmoor brass through the 22 creedmoor brass to neck it down. But you will have to turn the necks, it's not much fun. You should be able to find head stamp 22 creed brass in stock

Yea you can run 6 creedmoor brass through the 22 creedmoor brass to neck it down. But you will have to turn the necks, it's not much fun. You should be able to find head stamp 22 creed brass in stock
Neck turning may or may not be necessary. If you're unsure of your rifle's chamber dimensions, turn on a few pieces to test fire so you can check the neck OD on the fired cases to determine if you have proper neck clearance.

When I started my 22 CM, there were no commercial dies available and I sized 6.5 brass down with bushing(s) - with no need to turn necks.
I necked down 6.5x47 brass for my 20x47L. I skimmed the first 50 pieces at the parent case caliber but after watching the NSJ move down into the shoulder after fire-forming, I longer turn necks on these and have no clearance issues.

It's a 1 piece sample, but I recently necked a piece of Alpha 6BRA brass down to 22 cal for measurements. The necked down case grew in length from 1.554" (10 case average) to 1.56" with a neck thickness increase of less than .00015.

DISCLAIMER - I did know my chamber dimensions for both of these examples based on reamer specs.