22 CM - 88 GR ELDM Load and TW

Well i have received the gun and Horizon recommends RL26 for powder but have yet to be able to find Reloader 26 in any local stores or online. Anyone have any leads or have a comparable load recipe? I have H4350, H1000, Retumbo and Varget on hand.

Mine

Attachments

• DSCF1152.JPG
    DSCF1152.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 231
post your loads please.

I shot the 90 gr SMK's in my 1-7 Proof today, I dont have RL-26 and for the heavies, I think its the magic dust. They shot terrible, didnt even shoot the 95 SMK's I have loaded.
The 80gr SMK, 80.5 Berger Full Bores look the best with 41.5 H4350

^ Agreed. From what i have gathered pending your brass 43.0 grains might be too much H4350. I am sizing 6CM Lapua brand brass down to 22 CM. From what i have gathered the Alpha brass cannot handle the same amount of powder that hornady or Lapua brand brass can in the 22CM. I plan to run a ladder test from 41 - 43 grains and see what node the gun likes then try shooting some groups. Should have some velocities and accuracy report for all before Sunday if the weather holds.

Still not fully committed to the 88 gr ELDM or the 80.5 gr berger but i guess we will see. Will probably try the 88 ELDM first and if its promising abandon the 80.5 bergers.

88 gr ELDMS behind 42.0 grains of H4350 at 2.100" from comparator to base of brass is proving to be deadly. Velocity 3338-3347 FPS (24" barrel) 5 shot group all touching at 100 yds

80.5 gr bergers behind 43.0 grains of H4350 at 2.100" from comparator to base of brass is just as accurate as well. Velocity 3440-3462 FPS (24" barrel) 5 shot group all touching at 100 yds

Went with the 88 gr eldms because of the BC of the bullet and the velocity spread was tighter with this load as well. This gun is a treat to shoot and will be my go to from this point forward. Little to no recoil. Shot a doe at 288 yards this past weekend and she just dropped instantly with the 88 ELDM.

I tried to run the 90 gr Beger VLDS but no groups were 3/4 to 1+ MOA. Ran powder charges from 41-43 grains. Bolt was hair sticky at 43.0 grains of H4350. Velocitys are from a Magneto V3

I haven't kept an exact count but I have at least 1000 and I noticed velocity change at about 700ish and recently another big drop so checked again. Have thought about going 1/7 but based off what I have seen plan to go 1/8..... I would recommend 1/7 only if you plan to shoot the 90's or the 95gr Sierra.
I made it a point not to play with mine too much like shooting steel and other fun stuff. I tried a bunch of powders at the beginning settled on a load and just hunted with it since. Recently when these newer bullets came out I played around some. I may have killed the first coyote with the 88's as I shot one at 541 yards back in March before they were released.
These deer were all shot one morning this past December with 22 Creedmoor and a hunting bullet I cannot discuss. All shoulder shots all but one DRT... one ran 15 yards or so. You will enjoy your 22 CM!View attachment 120168

Can you now discuss which hunting bullet was used ?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.