.22 Aguila

GUNLUVR

Rumore Has It The .22 Aguila Has A Round That Boast A 1700fps Round I Was Just Wondering Whats All The Fuss About If There Is Any

It's flat out to 100 yards, 30 grainer at 1750 fps. If it's accurate, the HP version would make a good mess out of a small animal.

I got a brick of these last month. I have been shooting them out of a Savage Mark II and Marlin Bolt Action. They have been chronoing at 1610 steady out of the savage and 1400-1470 out of the cheap Marlin. So while I am not getting the advertised speed. I am not using a long or heavy barrel either. With a 50 yard zero I am seeing 3" of drop at 100 which I feel is pretty good for any .22LR. The biggest downside occurs when the wind picks up. Using my wind meter the wind was ranging between 6 and 15. So while almost all my shots were level when the wind picked up I wasn't hitting the target @ 100 yds
All in all a pretty accurate cheap little round. I will be buying more and I think that with a longer, heavier barrel you could get to that 1750 mark.

Lucas

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.