22-3000 help!

6.5 Bandit

Hey all,

I just aquired a Pre64 Mod.70 in 22-3000 toped with a peacar(sp?)scope.. It was a 22Hornet and the rechambering was done by the late Al Hoyer.. This rifle used to be my great grandads and was giving to my grandad.. My grandad shot it 1 time in the last 20 years and hasnt shot it since.. The reason is because he only has about 20 rounds left and hasnt been able to find any.. Does any one have any idea where I may aquire brass or brass that will work or fully loaded rounds for this rig?? Thanks for the help.

Brock

Is this the correct stuff??
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4%2C3493.html

Image is from a link to Steve's Pages. Steve, let me know if this is too much bandwidth (image linking may be a bad practice
confused.gif

cd223000.jpg

One site list aliases:

States a .22/3000 Griffin & Howe

is also known as these three (3):
.22 Lovell
SAA 0565
(5,7 x 41 R)

perhaps this means .22 - 3000 Lovell, I don't know.

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Dave,

Yup thats the right one.. My headstamps say 22-3000 G&H on them.. I'm glad to see you can still get brass for this as I would love to shoot this gun without the fear of having no ammo after my 20 pc's were gone...

Thanks,
Brock

Cases for the 2-R Lovell match the drawing above and can be formed with .25-20 SINGLE SHOT brass and proper F&T dies. This info from Ken Howell's Blue book. Note that this is NOT .25-20 Win. brass. Try Old Western Scrounger or others for recent production brass of this type.

Thanks guys.. After doing some diggin I found this on steves site as well
cd22r2.jpg

That matches the one I have to a T.. I should still be able to form them with 25/20 SS brass or at least get the brass from Buffalo Arms to work..

Max do you happen to know where I may be able to find some dies??

Brock

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.