22-250AI and the 95 smk with rl-26

Creedmoor shooter

So my dad finally got his new barrel from shilen. After a big fiasco with them not chambering
20180410_182511.jpg
the first one correctly and then after sending it back it shot like dog crap so they sent him a new barrel. The new barrel is a 26in 7.5 twist ratchet rifling barrel. Fire forming loads with this rifle are .5 moa. So we decided to give the 95 smk a try even though they're supposed to be a 6.5 twist. We started at 38 grains of rl-26 and worked up to 43 which we got slight ejector marks on. Attached is the group shot with 43 grains of rl-26 which had a velocity of 3252 and it measured .161 moa for 3 shots. Needless to say we are very tickled with this load as it should be a excellent 1000 yard performer. We will back it off .5 to see if the pressure signs go away.

I'll add there's less than 50 rounds down the tube so that number should speed up. Any other powder choices that might get us more velocity would be appreciated

Reloder 26 has been the top speed getter for the 22 Creedmoor.
I have a 24 inch barrel.... I ran the 85gr Barnes Matchburner up to 3500fps but that was early on and with a 1/8 twist. I settled on either 80.5 Berger or 80gr Hornady running mid 3400's.

We did rl-26 because we figured it would give the best velocity. The load wasn't compressed yet but it didn't have alot of room left. The the 95 smk having almost the same bc as the 6mm 110 smk, the numbers at 3200 are pretty darn impressive. We will explore the 80 eld and 75 eld but I think for long range the 95 smk will be the ticket

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.