22-250

what I would like to try is a .300 Savage case necked down to .224, with a shoulder length of 1.38". Keep case length to about 1.86". Of course I could blow the case out to a .460" diameter. It will not be far from the 22-250, and should handle heavier bullets better in a 1:9 twist barrel. Looks like IMR 3031 ought to be where to start, and barrel and throat life should be extremely good. Course you could do the same thing by running a 22-250AI reamer in there, but short. I'm just not in love with the forty degree shoulder angle.
gary

I haven't shot anything other than 55 grain bullets in mine, it likes the 1365 better than anything I've tried though. I do have some Nosler Custom Competition 52 grain test loads with H380, IMR 4064 and Varget loaded up that I need to shoot.

It seems like since I bought my Savage MKII BTVLSS in .22 lr if want to shoot for fun I can't pass it by without picking it up :D.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.