22-250 with 8 Twist Questions

I got one a few years back, shot 80gr. Sierra MK's really well. With an 8 twist barrel, I would be looking at 75gr.-80gr. Bullets. There are some good offerings out there.

I currently shoot a 22 BR with a 1:7" twist and have a load for the 80 grain Berger vld that shoots 1 hole groups all day long. I also have a load for the 53 grain hollow point flat base that does the same. I have never had a problem with the lighter bullets. Buy the gun and it will be great.
At last hearing some positive encouragement.. just built 26" 7T Hardy and as with the origin of this thread there are so many naysayers putting down fast twist 22s, blowing up, go sideways out the barrel, or skins just tear off with smaller grain stuff. How fast did you run them and any particular brand/type shot better?

The 80 Grain VLD is running right around 3080 fps. I have yet to put a chronograph on the 53 grainer. I prefer the Berger bullets and have had the best luck with them being accurate and consistent. But i am sure any good brand will serve you well. I have just had such good luck with Berger that I always start with them and have yet to be disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.