22-250 long range rifle?

tonganjord

I am trying to find a 22-250 with a fast twist that can reach out to 1000 yds. My budget is around $600 for the gun. Anybody know of a good gun that would fit this or close to it?

There no factory offerings with a fast twist in 22-250. Your best bet would be contacting savage custom shop or ER Shaw and have them build you something. Or you can contact H.S. Precision and they will build you one for about $3,400.00. Bottom line is anyway you go its going to cost more than your budget.

Buy a used Savage. Get either the older 3 screw factory trigger (great adjust ability), or the accu-trigger. Buy an aftermarket Bell&Carlson or Choate stock. Order an ER Shaw, Shilen Match or a Lothar Walther from Sin Arms in a 7 or 8 twist barrel. Now if you can score the Savage 1:9 twist LRPV, get that one. Comes with the factory target action. I have one in the 1:12 twist that I am going to try and get 53grn V-max to shoot to 1000yds just for fun. The 1:9 will support up to 70 and some 75 grain bullets. I have heard guys having success using the 75 grain A-max bullets in 1:9 barrels. Other with more experience with 22-250 will know better. I'm considering staying with the 22-250 with a tight twist to try shooting F-open class.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts