22-250 coyote

remingtonman_25_06

Shot this coyote yesterday morning with my pops Ruger Target 22-250. Bullet was 40g vmax loaded to 4100fps. Range was 197 yards and he was running. Led him a couple feet and touched off and was able to see him roll! Thats always nice. Bullet entered in the neck leaving about a 2 inch entrance hole, it did not exit. He was a big male, I'm guessing he weighed around 25-30 lbs. I'll be skinning this one out. Right after that I missed one around 300-350 which was also running. Saw 6 more but they were all way to far, or they went over a hill before I could get a shot at any of them.

316w0v4.jpg

Wow ,

That is some energy getting delivered --> no exit!

What kind of field is that ? And don't say big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
Odd looking stalks.

I sold one of my co-workers my rifle like that. THey sure do shoot when you hit the right load.

Had to help fianance the .270 AM. Not a bad trade off. I had the 22-250 for close to three years and probably didn't run 50 rounds through it the whole time.

[ QUOTE ]
Saw 6 more but they were all way to far, or they went over a hill before I could get a shot at any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too Far? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Say it Aint so! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great shot on the yote!

Thanks for the comments guys. I believe its a cut wheat field that they just ahven't plowed yet. Well the yotes I didn't shoot at were probly 1000 yards+ and they took off running. So with the rifle I had, they were indeed way to far.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.