22-243

Plus Lapua 243 brass is awesome! I use mine mostly as a coyote and varmint rig. If it was a legal caliber to take deer and antelope with, I wouldn't hesitate. It would be an outstanding antelope gun!

I will be using it for Speed Goats, Deer and Coyotes. 22 cal is legal in Montana, got a co-worker that has a model 7 for sale I think I can get pretty cheap. Dont know how it would compare to a model 700 as a platform. Any thoughts? Thanks for the replies!

What kind of barrel life would one expect if a person did not get the barrel hot? How about vs. the 220 swift or 22-250 on barrel life?

my vls 22-250 must have at least 1000 to 1200 rounds and my tikka 22-250 not much less, no accuracy problems yet. both of these have been shot very hot (50 consecutive rounds) at least a few times.

I suspect a 22-243 would not last long shooting prairie dogs, best reserved for coyote calling and such...

I had a 22-6mm cj it was screamer but bullet selection was bad 20 years ago 4000fps was easy case forming was work.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.