215 Berger Target for hunting

kcebcj

Who was the fella a few years back on this forum from Montana who used the 215 gr Berger Target for hunting elk and had took a bunch with no issues at long range. I just finished a 300 WM on a Mark 5 Weatherby receiver and have a few hundred of these bullets so thinking I would give them a try. Had the barrel chambered so I could set the 210 gr Berger out so I think I can get the 215's to work. Anyone using this bullet to hunt? Appreciate your opinions and yes I realize it's a target bullet.

Thanks you guys. Yes Broz now that you have refreshed my mind. I remember reading his post. He talked the 215's up a lot. I'm gonna give them a try.

rfurman24. If you use them in a 300 WM whats your load? I have some 7828 and thinking about starting around 74 gr. and work up. Will start at 3.6 COL which fits the Weatherby magazine then back away. Shows around 2900 fps in Quickload.

I have found the 215's to be very easy to load. Seating depth doesn't seem to matter as much as other bullets. The on game performance has been outstanding. I am pretty sure you will be very happy with the results over-all.

Who was the fella a few years back on this forum from Montana who used the 215 gr Berger Target for hunting elk and had took a bunch with no issues at long range. I just finished a 300 WM on a Mark 5 Weatherby receiver and have a few hundred of these bullets so thinking I would give them a try. Had the barrel chambered so I could set the 210 gr Berger out so I think I can get the 215's to work. Anyone using this bullet to hunt? Appreciate your opinions and yes I realize it's a target bullet.
They kill great

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.