215 & 230 Berger Hybrid

gaps

Anyone know where I can buy 215 or 230 hybrids? Heck even 210 vlds... Prolly a shot in the dark but worth a try...I can't find them anywhere....along with 300rum brass...and H1000....so much for getting into reloading!!! My new press is just collecting dust...thanks for any help!

If you are in a hurry for hunting season, you might try some other bullet selections.

180 CEB's
200 AB's
180 E-Tips
and others until you can get some 215's and 230's

Other powder choices would be
Retumbo
H7828
H4831sc
RL25
RL22

Midway is estimating having RP 300 RUM brass next week. Put yourself on the "Notify Me" list.

You can also go the the LRH classifieds and post a WTB 300 RUM brass thread. I've gotten a lot of help doing that for brass, powder etc.

Also, this thread would be best in the Reloading or Classifieds :)

Yep, check the classifieds. Someone just posted a thread this morning about 300 RUM brass. Not much for bullets in there, but every once in a while you will see the 210's on there. Otherwise, as Montana said, open up your options if you have to have something. Retumbo has been showing up a lot more from what I have seen. Good luck!

As to brass, I'd surely think about getting some shoot 'em up ammo like level 1 ( the '06 speed stuff) from rem or some overruns from shooters pro shop if you need brass quickly. I doubt midway will get enough to satisfy pent up demand so you'll likely not get any unless you are quick on the draw. The classifieds will get you there but I've seen more asking than selling there lately.

The 300 rum will eat a lot of slow burning powders so find yourself something rl22/7828 speed or slower and find/ask for data.

As to bullets I'd shoot any relatively stoutly built pointy slug 180 grain or heavier and patiently wait for the good stuff to hit the shelves again. Personally I usually use the 180 hornady in my 30rum with rl25 under it but I've been working with rl33 and the 225 hornady.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.