212 lrx bore rider

Due to bullet design you will want to seat the 212 LRX bore rider to 3.96 COAL in the 300 PRC.

Anything much shorter and the rear of the bullet which is the part that contacts the lands will not be held by the case neck.

The only option I am aware of for that length is Wyatt's extended box.

Barnes recommends 3.845 for the 300 NM and 8 twist for both.

Recommended COAL has nothing to do with jump but everything to do with having the rear of the bullet seated correctly in the case neck.

These bullets shoot very well in my PRC and NM. Elk hate it.

Last edited:
Due to bullet design you will want to seat the 212 LRX bore rider to 3.96 COAL in the 300 PRC.

Anything much shorter and the rear of the bullet which is the part that contacts the lands will not be held by the case neck.

The only option I am aware of for that length is Wyatt's extended box.

Barnes recommends 3.845 for the 300 NM and 8 twist for both.

Recommended COAL has nothing to do with jump but everything to do with having the rear of the bullet seated correctly in the case neck.

These bullets shoot very well in my PRC and NM. Elk hate it.
Thanks. For the information

Is this more of a 300 Norma class bullet? Was looking into it for a 300 prc, but from what I read they are really long.
I have never felt under gunned running a single shot big game hunting. If you want to use this bullet and it shoots well at good usable velocities, just run it as a single shot if it wont fit in your magazine.