212 gn barnes bullet

I've been thinking about trying these at some point to, but haven't been able find any. Where'd you find yours?

Not sure what the bore rider means. If you look at the bullet it is very long. There is not much of an area that would set in the neck. I would thing it would not need alot of free bore. In your 300prc I im thinking you might have to shoot it as a single shot. Was going to post a picture of surface area for bullet seating. Seating width is .307 just above that at .299. Was unable to load picture of what I mean. Send me your email will send a couple of pictures. I'm building an 300 norma improved.

Exactly what does bore-rider mean? Any special chamber or barrel requirements? Have a new 300PRC with a 1:8 twist, would like to give these a try.
It means there's only enough bearing surface to seat the bullet and engage the rifling, the rest of the bullet is smaller than bore diameter.
There's no way to adjust seating depth, and there will be a ton of freebore.
Overall length in a 300 PRC is around 3.9"

Here you go
The bearing surface is .290
I'm at 3.970 seated at the end of the bearing surface in a 300 prc case
The expanded bullet was recovered at 700 yards fired into loose soil
20201230_172521.jpg

20201230_172502.jpg

I haven't shot them enough to really know, I sold the other rifle so only put a few groups through it.
I have an 8 twist 30 nosler barrel in the works, I'll do some serious testing when I get it screwed on.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.