212 ELD-X vs. Berger 210 VLD Loading Info.

samson

I was just in contact with Berger about some load data for their 210 VLD in a 300 PRC. They gave me a Start Load for RL26 as 78grn and a Max load of 89.1. I was also interested in the 212 ELD-x but Hornady's max load was lower than Berger's Starting load. Is this normal?

yes, its very common to see a different set of data between those bullets due to such a wide difference in bullet length/bearing surface.

in my own experiences - its about a 50/50 shot that i have ended up around the same maximum charge between similar bullet weights - with that being said, i always work up low and find max pressure with each particular projectile i'm using - i would never swap data with different bullets and expect a good outcome, i would caution against it. its always a good idea to start low - fire off a couple rounds over a chronograph to monitor pressure/velocity to save yourself from possible overpressure scenarios!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.