210 grain Nosler Accubond LR vs 200 grain Hornady ELD-X

Peregrine82

Hello everyone, I've been shooting a 300 Weatherby for many years now and I was interested in these two bullets. My standby for many years has been the 180-grain Nosler Ballistic Tip as my long range hunting is usually 600 yards and closer. Was wondering if anybody has tried these bullets and what their opinion is on how they shoot and what they experienced as far as terminal performance.

The 200gr elx shoots great in my win mag. I'm disappointed in the bullet lengths though. Boat tail to ogive was .02" different from one box to another. I'll be doing some load workups with the 215 Berger when I get my new barrel cut and installed.

I've worked up loads with the 200 and 212 eldx in my 300wby. The 200 fits better in the mag and I'm able to achieve 2990 fps with it. Both shoot equally well. I haven't shot anything with the 200 but shot two moose and an elk with the 212 and it worked great. Shots were from 50 yards to 250

I've worked up loads with the 200 and 212 eldx in my 300wby. The 200 fits better in the mag and I'm able to achieve 2990 fps with it. Both shoot equally well. I haven't shot anything with the 200 but shot two moose and an elk with the 212 and it worked great. Shots were from 50 yards to 250

What recipe are you using powder wise?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.