210 gr. nosler accubond

Hunter1000

With my 30-378 using 210 gr. bergers I can get excellent groups. Powder used 103 gr. retumbo. I don't like the bergers because of how they break up on impact. Purchased 210 gr. accubonds and having trouble getting a good group. Has anyone come up with a load for these. I've adjusted bullet seating and different loads.
Thanks
Dave

I'm guessing that the ABLR bullets have similar terminal performance as the Berger VLD. The ABLR won't perform the same as a regular Accubond. it comes down to bullet design and there isn't any pixie dust yet that I'm aware of...:)

Disclaimer...haven't killed anything with an ABLR yet!

Most have very good results with Bergers 210s/215s/230s (do a custom search on the top right corner of BROZ's posts about them) at LRs. Personally, with that much powder capacity, I'd look no further than the Berger 230s ... but that just me. :rolleyes:

1000, couldn't get a decent group with the 210 AB in my 30/378 either. I've loaded the 210 Bergers for the last 5 years with such great results I haven't tried the 215s yet. The 210s have broken apart so well my freezer has elk, antelope and deer regularly. Like the FEENIX said, try Broz' posts and note the accuracy and harvest rate he has. Good luck

La, for my 30/378, 210 Berger I have equal accuracy with H1000 and Retumbo. US869 worked very well, but was quite temp sensitive leaving just the two Extreme powders. Check Broz' posts for his experience with the 30/378 and the 210, 215 and 230 Bergers. Rarely do two rifles of the same caliber shoot the same exact load, start low and work up. Perhaps 96 gr H1000 and 102 gr Retumbo. I have a box of the 215 Berger which will get a start next month when I head to N. Az for cooler temps and some realistic hunt altitudes. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.