210 berger in 300 WBY

BUSTINDOGS

Hi all I plan on working a load for my mark v in 300 weatherby. I would like to use the 210 berger vld I need a starting point and any other help anyone can offer the powders I have are h4831sc and imr 7828 ssc. I have WLRM primers and norma brass. Overall length will start at 3.7 which is about .02 short of what fits in the mag box. I have loaded the 7828 before with 180 tsx which worked well but would like to use the H4831 for the temp stability of that powder.

I use 7828 in a 1965 Winchester chambered in 300 Weatherby. Shoots to darn good to even think about changing Powder. 82.2 Grains is the Ticket for me..Good luck with yours and I'll be following your progress.

I will be trying both powders I love 7828 in the weatherby. But use H4350 in my 30 06 and want to use a hodgdon powder in my weatherby, but will use whatever shoots best.

I talked to a few experienced people on here and they told me to try 7828 with 208 Amax. It does very well with the 208 Amax. I tried Reloader 25, it also worked very well. I just went with 7828 because I have several pounds of it.

If you end up unhappy with your results, try RL 25 with the 210. I have a couple of zillion rounds down range ...hunting/ lr target shooting/1000 yard BR. It is the go to powder in 1K for the 300 WBY sized case. I have never found anything that works better..and I tried really hard!!!!

Dogs, my son's 300 Wby shot the 210 Berger VLD very well with H7828SSC. He finally found some H1000 and it improved the groups even more. He thinks the H1000 will be less temp sensitive on cold weather hunts also. If you are in an area where powder is hard to find use the 7828SSC, I'm sure it will be quite accurate. Good luck

Hey 4X I know... but I couldn't find any RL 25 around here. I like to having things that my local suppliers will carry.

Yep, I get it. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!! I just bought 5 big jugs on line a couple of months ago. I love my local mom and pop store, but when you need it, you need it!!

Good luck,
Tod

I got to test some hand loads today:). I had to send my Bushnell elite off for warranty work so I used a weaver 4-12 my brother had laying around. I like weaver scopes but this one has some thick cross hairs covers up the entire 1 inch aiming point at 100 yards. Anyway I started with the 4831 and loaded from 70 up to 74.5 grains. The groups shrank with each increase in charge weight with the 74.5 gr load being the tightest group I had no visible pressure signs so I think I might keep going to see if it opens back up again but it looks like some where right around 74.5 is going to be the sweet spot. I can't ever get my phone post pictures but the last group was around 3/4 inch.

Here is the pictures of the targets. Going to try and play around with the 74.5gr load and see what I get. This was the last group I shot that day... I usually shot worse as the day goes on.gun)

Attachments

• 300wby74.5.jpg
    300wby74.5.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 300wbyloadwork.jpg
    300wbyloadwork.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 216
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts